The Last Time

Chapter one

*FOUND MYSELF AT YOUR DOOR*

Why in the last time of my life I let go? It seemed weary and at the same time teary. I was troubled after I left Tiana on the crowd without any words I ever felt in my lips to give.

I dreamt of her crying on our bed, I mean, her bed listening to her kind of music. But I'm hoping she wasn't at all affected since I was the first one who felt the presence of coldness between us. She barely gave me attention. She goes with her friends and her hobbies still remain in her heart. But insensitive was I, misunderstanding can lead to a miserable state of breaking a pure heart.

I wished she was quite alright. I'm scared how would I see her with my pompous face. How to start a new friendship without remembering any kind of past? But the residual, the pain I left her I knew was still intact and I imagined she wouldn't meet my glare as the first time we meet.

When we met, it was like meeting an old-fashioned woman. She's all bright and dark with the mixture of trying to be a modern girl with pearl necklaces and Versace shoes and Victoria Secrets lingerie. But she never ever will buy that kind of clothing. Because her wallet was so light, can't even weigh at least one pound. She likes to collect articles about shoes and sunnies. You could all see the back of her notes were doodled of outstanding sketches of shoes and ultramodern sunnies. And when she found me staring at her notes, she would just smile and lean to kiss me. That's what I love her. But the shoot wasn't it. Like it's still lacking of something I wanted. But thinking of the reason of coldness brought me to a realization how harebrained I was. How I never respect women' spaces. The privacy of being conservative. That was what Justin Hoboken told me. She was conservative and didn't deserve me. So I was submissive in his words and broke up with her.

But it was weird. Surely, it was not a break-up to me. I really wonder how she was doing. Is she sleeping in this time of witching? Or is she reading her newly bought Pride and Prejudice after I accidentally burnt the books in the griller in the evening of fourth of July. And I told her I could buy her again but she just nodded. She was berserk but she kissed me to stop. And we almost did the do. But good thing, her brother Brennan came out to the portico bringing his friends to drink.

In this evening, Morticia, my sister knocked on my door and asking me to eat with mom and dad. But my appetite ruined. Sent her away to a bad news of a barking mom to drag me down on my spot. I forced to spoon beans and beef stew on my mouth.

Forcing to swallow the bitterness stuck in my tongue and the pressure in my chest begun to run fast. How could I eat like this? If I knew Tiana will skip her dinner.

I can't stop the attempt to grab my phone and call her. I dialed her number.

Her voice sprung up. No sobs. Means she's okay. "Hello?" her angelic voice made the tangled ropes uneased.

"Hello? Like I wouldn't know you're there Gregory Thompson."

I wanted to press the end button. But there was something I wanted to say.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out. And a busy tone hits my ear. With a rage trespassed my inner mind, I took my keys and went to the garage. My car was just a simple sport car from the cheapest garage sale. Tiana and I made it red since it's a rad hue for a sport car. But her name on the rear end drew still. Tiana. I drove passed the Magnolia St. to Diamond Valley where she lived.

I wanted to talk to her so madly and drove me insane. I passed Justin's house and Genevieve Ferreira on her porch. She waved at me with her golden trademark smile. I ignored her. She's been chasing me and hitting Tiana badly.

I reached the grand house on the cul de sac and Browny, their family rottweiler, bobbed her head and stood. "Hey girl. Is Tiana okay?" she wailed like she's not okay. I ran on the steps.

Their yard was so spacious. There was gazebo with sparkling lights were opened. A grotesque effigy stood on the middle of the yard. Expensive cars were alined. This wasn't what she supposed to tell me having a light wallet.

It does mean she didn't want to spend too much. Because her father works abroad because of their business and her mom has jones on spending money with designer's clothes and expensive collector's edition perfume from France.

I reached the doorstep. I almost banged up the door. But then I comprehend why I was here. Talk to her? Go back with her? Say sorry when I knew I fractured her heart like what I did on the principal's cars circa middle school?

Tears ran down and I jumped back inside the car. After I ignited the car, I saw her in her windows. Drew her pink blinds, her silhouette remained there.

I drove away and wished I just bid her good night and a kiss. But then I remember we're done and it's all because of me and we will be the total strangers.