Canada's War. Chapter 1.

Canada was barely noticed... and when he was... he was mistaken for an intruder or America.

Today was no different...
Canada was at home with his father, France and France had forgotten that he existed again...

Canada was hungry... he hadn't eaten in quite some time but... it was only because he wanted France to notice him by himself... his brother was there too but... America had attacked Canada one too many times and always got away with it anyways.

Canada only put on a fake smile again... like he did any other day... but today was the worst day...

It started with Canada noticing that his friend Kumajiro was sick...
It had been the first part of the week.
He was so sad... so scared at the first part of the week as he nursed his bear back to health...

Today Kumajiro napped at home and Canada had actually eaten this morning.
Canada was so happy... some people noticed him today and he was excited about it...
Russia talked to him the longest, which was strange.
"They talked about hockey... as Russia was playing against Canada and Canada was so happy Russia remembered him... Russia had never called Canada America or mistook him for anyone else...
Only to soon be forgotten and left behind... but that didn't matter... Kuma was safe and that was all that mattered...

Canada almost got hit by a car...
Kuma was still healthy and that was enough...
He got stuck in barbed wire for an hour before Russia noticed him and helped him out.
Kuma was safe...
And then... America beat him up...
He limped back to his room... calling for Kumajiro...
Who...
Didn't respond...

Canada thought he was just being lazy or playing so he played along, eventually going to sit next to his bear.
"Why are you not responding Kuma?"
No answer...
"Oh come on Kumajiro..." Canada smiled gently at his only friend and the only one who noticed and cared about him...
But...
He went to pet his friend's fur...
And he was colder than ice...
Canada began to freak out as he checked the bear for signs of life, quietly saying.
"No..."
"No...."
"Please no..."

His companion...
His best and only friend...
Laid dead in his arms and he looked so depressed, he really wanted a hug... so he went to his family, hoping that they would help...

He tried to get his father's attention...
Over and over...
France just pushed past him or something because when Canada tried to hug him... Canada was chased out of the kitchen as France thought it was America trying to bother him.

Canada shook, trembling.... wanting someone to care... and then...
America showed up... not a care in the world as he laughed at Canada when he noticed him after a few minutes of thinking there was a ghost... "Geeze Matthew! You look awful!"
Canada tried to speak and beg his brother for comfort but his brother was much too busy to care about Canada...
"See you later little bro!"

Canada was alone... and he felt that he didn't want to be anything anymore... he just slowly snapped in the cold and unwelcoming blue light of the moonlight that illuminated his room.

Canada's gentle smile was missing the next day... nobody noticed him looking depressed or broken...
He just sat at the meeting... in pain... and alone...

And when he left... his luck became worse as a man grabbed him by the mouth, dragging him away with a knife to Canada's throat, Canada struggled and even before he got shut up, he had screamed for help and even screamed for America or France...
To no avail...

Nobody cared and he slowly remembered that, letting himself be dragged away... maybe when he was dead... people would start caring... no.... they would merely forget he was ever alive...

Canada's tears rolled down his face and over his attacker's hand....

The attacker threw him against a wall and then grinned at Canada.
"gimme your fuckin bag and I'll be headin on my way."
Canada shook his head no in a protective manner...
Kuji's collar was in his bag. it was all he had left of his best and only friend!
The man looked annoyed.
"Oh really? Yer gunna try shit?" The man huffed and grabbed Canada by the throat.
"We'll see about that you little bastard-"

Canada was beautiful but this man made him feel like he was trash.
"You know what... why don't you just die already? I mean... you can't even fucking obey ONE SIMPLE TASK... no wonder you are the worst country in the world... you can't even protect yourself... your people must truly hate you..." The man said as he sat Canada down onto the ground.

Canada sat on the icey ground... feeling awful, he must have been so useless, so idiotic and just so... thoughtless...

Tears didn't stop streaming but he was soon kicked onto the ground, making Canada bump his head and start to black out, tears of pain and guilt washed over him but he only laid there, being beaten.

However... Canada heard a man scream and saw a huge man standing over him before he blacked out.