Ean & Sue: Their beginning

"Ean! Anong ginagawa mo dyan?"

It was Saturday and she decided to go grocery shopping after she saw her kitchen cabinets and refrigerator empty except for the rotten cheese she forgot she purchased. Hours later, she had found herself totally surprised to see Ean, her new friend, in front of their home, peeking curiously through the gaps of their green gate.

"Sue! Finally you're here!" He exclaimed, relief flooded his face when he saw her walking towards him. "I've been here for an hour already at para na akong tanga dito kakahintay na may makita akong pwedeng magbukas sa akin ng gate."

"Sira! You should've just called me 'no!" Ean took the grocery bags to free her hands as she clumsily put the keys in the keyhole.

"Eh nahihiya ako. Actually paalis na talaga ako. Bigla akong nadyahe eh!" He answered while she led the way towards their front door.

"Ikaw? Mahihiya. Pwede ba." She snorted as she took some of the bags back and opened the door. "Tara pasok!"

"Ahm, are your parents in?" He asked tentatively, rubbing his left ear which she had noticed he does when he's nervous.

"Sure they do." She shrugged and answered nonchantly though a sudden pang on her chest made her a bit teary eyed.

"Hala. Talaga?" His voice alarmed.

"Yes. Come, let me introduce you to them." She wiped the tears hastily and led Ean on the picture wall she set up right after her parents died months ago.

Ean looked at her curiously after she pointed the wall. "Hi Ma! Hi Pops! This is Ean, my new friend. Ean, meet my parents!" Her voice croaked a little. She's becoming emotional and she hates being vulnerable in front of other people.

"Sue?" He glanced at her then at her parents' photos then back at her again. She smiled at him thru misty eyes and heavy heart and nodded. "I am sorry."

"Yeah. It was sad." She replied. "But hey, I gained two most wonderful angels, right?"

"You always have ways to be positive. And that's what I like about you." He pointed sincerely that she can't help but blush.

"Naku, kung anu-anong sinasabi!" She dismissed whatever he wanted to start and went to the kitchen to start organizing the groceries she bought. "Mabuti pa tulungan mo na lang ako dito."

"And you always do that!" He blurted out but he did what he was told and helped her. "You always change the topic kapag sinasabi ko sa'yong gusto kita."

"Ewan ko sa'yo Ean ha. Alam naman nating pareho na playboy ka. So please! Utang na loob. Wag mo akong isali sa listahan ng mga babaeng binola mo!" She fired iritably while putting the eggs inside the refrigerator. "Atsaka 'di ba may pinopormahan ka?"

"What? Pinopormahan? Saan mo naman nasagap yan?" He answered rather defensively. She held the cabbage on her left hand and the other hand was on her waist looking at him with disbelieving eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" She resumed on her task of putting the vegetables on the refrigerator, avoiding Ean's face. Lately, the guy had been hanging out with her. It's not like she doesn't like his company, it's just that she's just wary of his intentions. From what he had told her, his track record when it comes to relationship isn't clean. He's the chick magnet, cassanova...and she doesn't want to belong on that strings of women who succumbed into his charms.

But it's been such a hard work avoiding him. He's practically every where she is!

"Like you don't really believe in me?" He answered nonchantly while sorting out the egg cartons in her kitchen table.

She sighed heavily, dropping the bag of tomatoes on the table. She sat on the chair next to where Ean was standing and stared at him.

"Again, what's that look?" Ean asked, perplexed on Sue's behavior.

"I believe that you have a good heart, Ean." She started seriously. "Pero hindi ko ma-gets ay 'yung pagiging playboy mo. Bakit nga ba? Tell me, did someone break your heart kaya ngayon ginagawa mo lang play time ang mga girls?"

He stared at her, his mouth slightly opened, then shook his head and pulled a chair next to her.

"I haven't been in love Sue. And as much as you don't want to believe, hindi ka play time. Hindi paglalaro ang ginagawa ko  kapag kasama kita." He professed while holding her hand tightly looking directly into her eyes. "I hope you'll find it in your heart to believe that."

She sighed and looked at their hands clasped together. She didn't know what to say or how to act around him. Truthfully, this is all new to her. There's just only one man that she had kept inside her heart. All those years even before she'd known about love, there is only one guy that she had loved. But he doesn't feel the same way towards her.

And now that there's an Ean in her life, she doesn't know if she'll keep on hoping for Alex. Or if she'll receive Ean's feeling for her open arms.

A squeeze from Ean's hands and the look on his eyes made her thoughts disappear. She's still not sure but she won't hold back that much.

"Naku, tama na 'to. Ligpit na natin lahat ng 'to!" She just said and stood up. She didn't look at him so she had no idea what his reaction was. There was a second of silence between them. She went back to what they were doing.

"Alright. Alright. Pagkatapos pagluto mo akong lunch!" He was back on his playful self and she felt comfortable as he didn't push her to talk anything about them anymore.

"Oo na, oo na!" She laughed and threw him a piece of celery.

"Kimberly Sue!"

AN:

I miss writing! I truly do!!! And I missed Sue and Ean. For those who are rooting for them, here's a treat! Enjoy! :))

--Amethyst