8

a/n: above his a picture of faith's character, who will be played by Lucy Hale :)

Chapter Eight

I had a dream that night. I stood in the middle of a field of light brown grass that came up to my waist and swayed around as the wind blew lightly. There was nothing around for miles, but in the blink of an eye, I could see the outline of a person standing far away from me. I squinted, trying to get a better look. The person started to inch closer to me, and as they grew closer, I could see it was a male.

It was Logan.

He wore a friendly smile. One that made me smile, too. "Hey."

"Hi," I greeted, shyly tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

To my right I heard someone clear their throat. Both Logan and I turned our heads to see it was Kacey. She walked over to Logan, wraping her skinny arms around his neck. It surprised me to see him wrap an arm around her waist and smile at her.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, looking between both of them. "What's going on?"

Kacey grabbed his hand, intertwining it with hers and started to pull him away with her."He's mine now."

"No, he's not." I said slowly, not understanding what they were talking about.

"Well, you won't fight to keep me as your friend. You're too scared to stand up to Kacey. You don't care about me." Logan said, sounding hurt. He looked away from me and began walking away with Kacey, hand-in-hand.

"I do care!" I yelled. But he continued walking away and didn't look back. "Logan!"

They began fading away. He didn't turn back, and it was all my fault.

I woke up with a line of sweat running across my forehead. I wanted to start over - I wanted Logan to be my friend. I needed a friend after all these years of loneliness.

I got out of bed with my mind set, walking into the restroom confidently, where I began my morning routine.

During second period, Kacey made it clear that she meant what she had told me. When I walked into class, she immediately turned to look at me with those evil, plotting eyes of hers.

If looks could kill.

          Feeling intimidated, I tore my eyes away from Kacey's and walked to my desk. Within two minutes, the teacher came in through the door.

          "Good morning, everyone." She greeted. "Please get to your seats."

         Everyone shuffled around to get to there desks. As I looked up, I saw Kacey get up and start towards me. I shifted my gaze and looked down at the pen I was holding. Just as she was about to pass me, she bent down so that her lips were next to my ear. "I meant what I said."

          I couldn't help but smile a little.

          And I don't care.

          I walked into fifth period, my eyes scanning the room in search for Logan. I spotted him sitting at my table, twirling a black pen in his hand and staring down at the table with his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. I walked over to him, wondering how I would explain why I wouldn't talk to him yesterday. Was I going to tell him exactly what happened or was I going to make something up so that I wouldn't sound like a child because I was scared of Kacey?