Whisper

Dear Diary,

I still am really sad. Why didn’t they wait for me? I feel so blue. I just can’t believe I didn’t get to see Mommy and Daddy. I really wanted to see them because it seemed like forever since the last time I saw them. I feel like they have forgotten me and that I’m not really wanted in their lives because they don’t give me time. I read somewhere that LOVE could also be spelled as T-I-M-E and that’s why I wonder if they still love me.

But guess what? They gave me a new doll. A new doll but seems old. It was a rag doll that had a stitched smile. I still don’t have a name though? What name could suite her? Anyways, the nameless doll was a sign that they still remember me. That sort of put me at peace though. At least I could be someone even though she wasn’t real.

 Eliz

I woke up early today. But for some reason, I felt like someone is right beside me. When I turned around, I saw the doll Mommy and Daddy gave me. I got up and greeted all my dolls including her. At that moment I thought of a name.

“I’ll call you ‘Alice’ from now on.”

I smiled at Alice thinking that she was smiling back at me as well, but I just thought that it was natural since she was stitched that way. I took my towel and headed to the bathroom. After a few minutes, I got out of the tub and heard Nanny that breakfast was ready. I got dressed quickly, grabbed Alice by the arm, and headed my way downstairs.

I sat down and placed Alice on the chair next to me. Today’s breakfast was grand, right before my very eyes:  freshly cooked bacon, a six-layered pancake poured with maple syrup, a big bowl of mashed potato, and omelettes the size of a football.

At that moment, I felt like I was a Princess or something, well, honestly, I live in a mansion-like house, so that makes me like a Princess. Going back, never believing that my Nanny could cook so many dishes for one meal, and I even think that we could never consume all of these foods. But sad to say, we really need to consume all of these foods to avoid wastes.

After having my delicious, fully loaded meal, I glanced at Alice to check if she still looks ok for having a long timed meal. I smiled at her, and focused back at my plate, after that I helped Nanny clean up the table and went back to my place where I have sat to get Alice.

As Nanny washed the dishes, me and Alice, went back to my room, walking through the hallway of our house, the sun shines bright, making the whole house brighten up a bit.

Suddenly, I imagined or had a flashback of what had happened in the past where Mommy, Daddy and I were together in this house, playing and having our good time with each other. I was so happy that time it made me sad to what happened. They don’t have time for me anymore. I’m all alone, although there’s Nanny, but we don’t spend our time together.  That is why I’m a bit thankful to my parents for giving me Alice.

As I arrive in my room, carrying Alice, I sat down on my bed, and look at Alice, and somehow I manage to talk to her as if she’s alive or something.

“I’m glad my Mom and Dad had bought you for me, now I’ll never be lonely again in this room, and if possible, anywhere I go.”

Alice, still smiling, made me smile for a bit, and suddenly I heard something weird, more like whisper, 

“I’m always here for you Eliz”.

That made me shocked, I looked around my room to see if someone is here or Nanny trying to make a joke, but it came to my mind that for an old woman, she is not used of making any jokes. I managed to forget of what just happened and continued on looking at Alice, and then I played with her to avoid being bored and creped out because of what just happened.