Proluge: Train ride

It was her first year and Rose Weasley stood on the platform surrounded by people. She was finally there after 11 years of waiting she was actually at Hogwarts. And Rose intended to enjoy every second of it. People expected something from her, always did and always will. With parents such as Hermione and Ron Weasley who wouldn't? Wether it was high grades or a tolerance for pain they were wondering what would make this girl special like her parents? Not to say she always hated it. When Rose was younger, she wouldn't mind the attention, that's what would make her friends, right? Well she later found if you want fake ones then yes, yes it will give you fake friends.

She was giving her good byes and Hugo stood by her mothers side complaining about how he wouldn't be going with his sister this year.Rose realized this is it, the moment she would think about over and over again as she got older, she wanted to absorb it all. Rose tore a glance at the long platform full of students. She found her parents friends such as Luna waving off their own children. But her eyes landed on someone in particular. A boy with blonde hair that looked very similar to what must be his father behind him. And his eyes, well his eyes she couldn't quite see. But she was quite determined to find out his eye color for some unknown reason. He had a pointed pale face, and a very neat appearance compared to some frantic first years around him. He was handsome she would admit though. Suddenly the twos eyes met and stayed locked for a second. His brow rose as if challenging her she looked straight at him, their eye contact unwavering as she smirked at him. But as soon as her father caught her staring at him bent down and with a gentle face said,"So that's little Scorpious, make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank God you inherited you're mother's brain."

You could quickly see Hermione's eye roll as she said in response," Ron, for heaven's sake! Don't try to turn them Against each other before they even started school!"

Ron Weasley may not have been the smartest  person in the world but he knew too well when to agree with his wife.

"You're right, sorry. Don't get too friendly with him,though, Rosie. Grandad Weasley would never forgive you if you marry a pure blood."

(Dialogue above is directly stated in deathly Hallows, all characters beside those made by me Belongs to J.K Rowling)

She herself rolled her eyes but didn't retort like she usually would. She was quite nervous, she had a tradition to live up to. All Rose really had to do was to walk up and sit with the sorting hat on as it screamed Gryfinndor and everyone would be competent. Well maybe everyone but her. She didn't want to be her parents, she just wanted to be her and be accepted for that.
____________________________

Scorpious Malfoy was in a crowded platform but most people tried to stay away from him. After 11 years of this life he had he already knew how this would go. Hogwarts wouldn't be an easy time for him, he just could already tell. Scorpious wasn't going to let that stop him from what he wanted to do though, with his stubborn kind and tactical manner he inherited he had his own morals and beliefs and one of them was to ignore everyone. He's gotten very good at it so far. It's not like it was hard though, most people made a point to stay away from the malfoys. He wasn't proud of his fathers past and he knew his father wasn't either. But there are some things bigger than him that all play out in the big picture. At least his father had turned his life around with a steady job, and loving family he learned to think for his self. With his own thoughts he taught Scorpious different beliefs then his own father, Lucius, he taught his son that everyone deserved a chance no matter who they were or what their past was, because after all everyone needs some saving no matter the person..

His parents started at him with pity because they knew, of course they knew. He was going to be judged and they couldn't protect him there. They just hoped he could protect himself. The goodbyes commenced as did the slightly awkward hugs. His mother scooped him up burying his face in her shoulder as she whispered," Don't make the same mistakes as your father. Take a chance once in a while my little scorpion.. Write as soon as you can." She released him with some thinking left to do...

He looked up once again searching the platform for something, anything. When icy blue eyes met his grey ones, like how the ocean meets the dark thundering clouds. He took in her appearance as she seemed to be doing the same. Her hair was put in a pony tail where curls that wasn't by all means tame tan down her back. Her pale skin like his but somewhat darker made her look quite beautiful, if you asked him. She wasn't short like some of the other girls his age, no she was fairly tall. No doubt she inherited that from her father. He rose his brow, Scorpious was unsure of why he would do something that bold. But Nether less was very satisfied with her response.. She smirked straight at him. At him. That is, until her father saw her and she turned away. And who was this girl anyway?

Draco Malfoy saw the entire situation.

He bent down to his son and said," That's Rose Weasley, some people may not be as forgiving as others Scorpion... But make sure to give her a run for your money."

Astoria turned to scold her husband as Scorpious Malfoy walked away to the train, and his parents eventually turned to wave goodbye.
_______________________________________________________

Rose Weasley was beginning to wonder if there was any empty compartments on this train. She was searching for one with her cousin Albus, whose brother was a second year and refused to be caught dead with his first year brother. And their older cousins kicked them out telling them to go make friends. What lovely family they have, only half a train ride left. Thankfully.

They went by one full to the rim with Hufflepuffs who looked deep in conversation as all of there eyes were focused on a guy in the middle. How about another one?

The next one held just one boy who surely must be a first year , he was looking out the window all by himself.

"How about this one?"

Rose Weasley just nodded her head and followed her cousin into the compartment. The boy turned around to see who would enter this compartment. Who would want to?

Rose rolled her eyes when she saw who it was, yep. Scorpious Malfoy, her starring partner if you will.

"Oh hi. I'm Albus Potter." He gave a polite nod and waited to hear the other boys response.

"I'm Scorpious Malfoy." Malfoy gave a nod back.

"Rose Weasley." She didn't bother saying hi or with pleasantries. She just smirked as if this was one huge joke. Or like this held some big meaning only her and Scorpious Malfoy knew.

"So what house do you think you'll be in?" Albus asked always the conversationalist.

"Slytherin."

Ross scoffed and muttered of course under her breath.

"What? I'm sorry I didn't hear you."

"Oh it's nothing." Still smirking Rose replied while looking at the floor.

"No really, tell me."

" It's just fitting. You seem so sure that you'll be put in Slytherin. Like a true Slytherin, always cocky."

"Well you'll see it fit that you never asked me what house I want to be in, only what I thought someone's else's opinion would put me in. Two completely different things really. And hey at least it's not gryfinndor."

"Huh! Now you listen here and you listen good -"

"Rosie?" Albus seemed to be already getting tired do this conversation.

"Yes?"

"Shut up.'

"Okay."

"But I'm just saying there is nothing wrong with gryfinndor and-"

One look at her cousin and the conversation stopped there. Moving on to something less debatable.

_________________________________________________

But I'm sure you'll be happy to know Scorpious Malfoy and Rose Weasley were both proven wrong when the two were sorted into Ravenclaw.