Chapter 4

Yay! New chapter, this will probably be the only chapter I write until my winter brake >.<

-Lizz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing. No movement. Absolutly nothing. I did not think, all I did was react. Moving fast I took my knife and lunged forward, hitting my father square in the chest. Again there was nothing. Nothing made a sound, nothing moved, not even the loud beating of my heart could cut through the thick silence. Garret stood in the peircing silence doing nothing, taking a step back was all he did. Watching what had happened from a distance, thinking of what happened. From a distance.

Covering my mouth, I fell to the floor with my father. His groan stopped the silence and I was dragged back into reality. I still felt nothing; but the adrenaline pushed faster in my vains as I came to a conclusion. I Sara, had just killed my own father. My own flesh. My own blood. Dead.

I hovered over his body, looking, waiting for him to move. Hoping he would move. Hoping he would stand up and we would laugh it off an go on with our usual day of making dinner and watching T.V.

Feeling the salty streams of water slide into my mouth I relized I was crying. The memories of my past will be my only happy memories. I had already killed two people I loved. Two people who had always loved me for who I was, and here one was; dead. I was a person who people hated. People would have sent me to jail if it was the old days. I wouldnt have been tolerated. I was a murderer.

I was crying harder now. I could not believe what I had done. I couldn't fathome anything. I wasn't thinking straight until I felt a large hand grasp my shoulder. "NO!" My father pulled me forward trying to ge at the soft flesh on my neck. I pulled back a hit him with the knife again, I let out my anger. My energy. Nothing could have stoped me. Not even myself. I killed my father the same way I had killed my sister. Violently.

That word floated in my mind the rest of the day, I could never forget that word. The world I live in now is full of it. People are dying, getting ripped to shreds, being torn apart limb by limb; still alive and breathing, trying to scream for help, even though no one is going to come and save them. In this world you save yourself. You have to save yourself unless it will take you over, eat you from the inside out. It pulls at your heart, crushes your lungs, makes your stomach ache and turn. It kills you; like its killing me.

Even though I can't escape. I will make it my job to protect my group; even if it gets smaller. I swear I will protect them. I will protect them from the violence inside myself.