Angel with a Shotgun {Edward Elric and Winry Rockbell Love Story}

"Edward!" My heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach as I fell to my knees. I watched helplessly as Lust, a homunculi, pierced Ed's chest with one finger.

"W-Winry! Don't cry! You promised me you wouldn't cry anymore!" He let out as he fell forward. His eyes were fighting to stay open as a dark figure came from the bushes. It was him. The one who got Ed into all this mess. It was the Homunculi who called himself Envy.

"Pitty, seems Full metal pipsqeak couldn't save his dear little girlfriend after all.."  His words were as cold as his eyes and he seemed to be amused with my tears.

"Stop! Please I'll do anything! Please don't let Ed die!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. It was too late to keep my promise. I was crying, actually I was sobbing into my hands just watching Ed's eyes fight to keep the light. His golden hair had fallen out of its braid and was scattered across his face. His coat was covered with blood where his beating heart use to be. Now all it was, was a whimper.

"You promised me Winry. Stay....strong....." Edwards golden eyes soon went dark. It couldn't be over. Not like this! This is so dumb! How can I just sit here and do nothing! I pull myself up and do as I said. He told me to stay strong and would until the moment I die along side him.

"They call you Lust right?" I said pulling out my wrench. It was the only thing that made me feel powerful.

"Hmm...what are you doing girl?" She seemed utterly confused as I found the strength to walk towards her, "Don't be dumb girl, I will kill you too."

"What does it matter anymore! I can't live with myself if I know I didn't try to save him!" I spat back, wiping the tears from my cheeks. I wasn't going to fall again. I made a promise. Lifting my wrench I felt someones arm grab my wrist. I turned quickly afriad to see it was Envy. But sadly it was Al, and behind him stood Mustang, Hawkeye, Ling, Lan Fan, and for a moment I thought I saw Maes Hughes...

"Winry, Ed wouldn't want you to die for him. He'd want you to stay strong. To keep me safe and keep Granny company. He'd yell at you if he had the strength." Al gave me a smile and pulled me into a hug as all the others ran forward to attack the two homunculi. I squeezed my eyes shut so I could not cry anymore. Al was right, Ed would call me a idiot and beg me to keep safe. But I never did get to tell Ed I loved him. I'd fallen hard for him and now I might lose him!

"Let's  get you out of here Winry, I don't want you too see this. Ling grab Ed, we need to get him out of here!" Al shouted out to our friend. Ling quickly and sneakily got passed the occupied homunculi and snatched up Ed's body. I could sense in my heart he wasn't dead yet. It seemed he was holding on at the gates... But he wasn't going to be able to hold on for long in his condition.

"Ed, I promise I won't cry a single tear until your better. And those tears will be tears of joy!" I wiped the tears from my eyes and smiled at him. It was a pathetic smile, one anyone could see through, but it was all I had right now...

Edward's POV-

I can't believe I made Winry cry again, I'm sucha' idiot! I made a promise to never make her cry! I hate this, I'm numb and I have no strength to yell at Winry. But she's knows I want too, she can see me gritting my teeth from across the clearing as she walks towards Lust. I see her pull out her wrench and mutter something to Lust like she can actually defeat her. Winry's strong but Lust isn't even human...it's impossible. And that's when it all goes black, all I can do is hear Al's vioce as he stops Winry. And Winry sobbing. This can't be the end. I've wasted to much time fighting for me and Al's bodies! I can't die now! I won't die now!

It's blurry, and the light feels like its burning into my brain. Where the hell am I? Where's Winry! Oh shit!

"Full Metal, you need to rest." I here Mustang say, pushing down my head. But I can't, I've rested for too long! I need to know Winry and Al are okay!

"P-Please, I need to see Winry...." And once more I'm fighting to keep awake. I can't stand being so unable to get up. I feel like Im chained to this damn bed.

"Fine. I'll send them in. Just don't move your not in a stable condition yet." I hear him walk off and call Al's name. Giving me just enough time to figure out how to open my damn eyes!  

And then suddenly, before I can tell what's going on around me I feel someone jump on me, and squeeze me almost half to death.

"W-Winry? Please tell me your okay?"

"I'm fine you dumbie!" She laughs, only squeezing me tighter. I won't admit I like it, I like her holding on to me and not threatening me with her wrench of doom. I'm gonna' miss this feeling.

"Brother! Your okay!" I can finally see Al standing over me, well a chunk of metal glob at least.

"Hah, yeah I'm fine, but it'd be nice if I could breathe Winry." I blush. Winry laughs and blushes as well as she pulls away.

"Sorry Ed, I just thought that you.....you died.." I could hear the hurt in her tiny vioce as she whipsed the words. And this surprisingly made me angry. How could she think I was so weak, we made a promise didn't we?!

"God dammit Winry I made a promise to both you and Alphonse, and that's enough to keep me alive!"

"Take it easy brother, this is no time to get yourself all work up." Al layed a cold hand on my shoulder that made me shutter. I never understood how he could deal with me and my temper tentrums. Or how Winry could still smile at me through all the hurt Ive put her through. I swear on my life I won't make her cry, damn I'll never let her cry a snigle tear if its from me.

"Guess your right Al, hey help me out of this bed. We got work to do."I reached my and out for help but soon after I had to pull it back in pain. What the hell just happen, what just hit me! And then it sunk in when I saw Winry's anry expression, she hit me with her stupid wrench! "Why the hell did you do that!"

"There is no way your getting out of this bed in your condition! Now lay back down moron and drink your milk!" She shouted shoving a glass of evil white liquid infront of my face.

I crossed my arms and made a triumphant sound in my throat, "No way am I drinking that evil little bastard." I heard Winry giggle under her breath until it came to be a full out laugh. And of course with Al joining in I couldn't help but laugh along too. It was strange how the oddest moments make her laugh, it was nice seeing her laugh for once. And maybe it wasn't exactly my doing but it meant all the world to me to see her smiling instead of crying for once. I promised her I wouldn't let her down, so for this moment I will enjoy this little bit of happiness with her and Al before I have to get back on my feet and get back to my work.