Pool Time

Bucky POV

I heavily sat down in a chair. All morning I had use my body and mind for swimming. I had swam over 15 miles at least. Before all of this I had gone for an hour long run. And before that, my girlfriend and I had an argument. Worst part? She had every right to never want to talk to me again. So now I was in here trying to blow off stress and sadness. I had chosen an indoor pool for today, but it had a wall of windows that gave me a lovely view of the sunrise. I reached over to a little table and grabbed my water bottle. Unscrewing the cap I took a couple swigs. Memories of last night began to slip into my head as I continued to sit here. The one where I yelled. The one where she yelled back. The one where I had messed up. The one where she cried. Well James Barnes, you are one stupid asshole. Perhaps I'll just swim until I die. With this I jumped back into the water  and began to swim furiously back and forth. Stupid, stupid. Back and forth. I hate myself. Back and forth. And again and again. I would have probably kept going had a certain voice not spoken.

"Hey Barnes, you gonna keep doing that all day?" I stopped and looked up. She stood at the edge of the pool with a blank expression. I would have hoped that she was here to talk had her words not been laced with anger. I swam to the edge and pulled my upper half above the water with my arms. Should I say something? No. Yes. No. She narrowed her eyes. Great! I should have said something. 

"Well since your obviously not speaking today, get out of the pool." She snapped, pointing at the door. I gulped. I wanted her to understand how bad I felt. I wanted her to know I hadn't meant what I said.

"Molly, I'm sorry." My voice barely came out as a whisper. I could feel my eyes begin to water as she just stood there. I had her attention. I needed to make her understand and I needed to do it now. I pulled myself out the water and walked over to her. Something inside of me broke as I watched her tense up. 

"Molly I know I messed up. I should never had lashed out at you for something that had nothing to do with you. Molly... you're my girl," I faltered and ran a hand through my hair, "and I should never had let myself become the thing that hurt you. And I-" I stopped short, looking down at her as she hugged me. Her body was so small compared to mine, her small arms wrapped around my torso. I could feel her body heat, her breath. She turned her head to the side, staring out the windows.

"I hate you." She mumbled giving me a glance. I nodded with a small smirk. I wrapped my metal arm around her waist and ran my flesh hand over her curly hair. We stood in the embrace for a moment. I wanted it to drag on and on. I just wanted to hold her like this forever. I leaned down and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too."

A/N 

I know this is kinda short. I'm sorry. Hope you still liked it. Thanks! :)