Chapter 1

Ayla on the side >>>>>>>>>
Chapter 1

Ayla's Pov

I drove as fast as I could. Gripping the steering wheel and gritting my teeth as my foot slammed onto the pedal with full force. Turning the volume of the MP3 player to its fullest I drowned myself in the music. I whizzed past every car ignoring the horns and yells they were throwing my way, a wave of satisfaction washed over me as the car was now nearing the highway. My muscles relaxed as the car ran smoothly along the road.

Grey clouds above me were slowly bunching together, darkness slowly spreading through the sky. Looked like a storm was soon brewing and I did not want to be the unlucky person caught in this nasty weather.

The car window rolled down, a breath of fresh air hitting my face rather violently and danced between my hair. I had never felt such freedom and peace, my heartfelt free and calm. The reality was further from what I wanted and the way I felt.

A soft sigh escaped my lips as my foot slowly lifted off the pedal and came into contact with the break. My hands clutched the wheel, my foot teasing the break. I mentally groaned at the traffic lights turning red, ignoring the whole purpose of the lights I dangerously drove through the lights.

The road was clear, there were no cars in sight, therefore, no danger and no harm done if I had 'accidentally' slipped past a red light...right?

The sirens that crept up behind me clearly begged to differ. Could a woman not sit down for two minutes of peace and quiet? Clearly not! Why the people of the world are so obsessed with us amused me really.

Rolling my eyes, I decided to abide by the law and pull over to the side- not wanting to create a big deal of course. That was the only reason, otherwise, I would be on my merry way back home.

My throat suddenly felt drier than the Sahara desert as I realised there was not one but three police cars awaiting my arrival. Gosh, I wasn't expecting such first-class treatment for running a red light.

Papa was so going to kill me.

My tongue drifted over my dry lips as I rested my sunglasses on my head. Rolling the window down, I grinned at the police officer who didn't seem as pleased as I did to see him.

"Step out of the vehicle Ma'am," I grinned which he clearly did not reciprocate.

"Officer, what is the issue?" An innocent smile graced my face to which he raised a brow. He would either tolerate my humor or he would arrest me right at this moment or he would simply put me out of my misery....there was no in-between when it came to American law enforcement. My eyes followed his hands as I realized he moved them to his belt.

HE WAS GOING TO SHOOT ME.

I panicked, my heart beating faster by the second. I wanted to scream and tell him that he didn't know who I was and I wanted to tell him that my father was a famous politician who could have him unemployed just with his terrifying gaze. But my tongue seemed glued to my palet and it refused to talk.

I slumped against my seat in relief as I realised he pulled out his radio device. Stupid Ayla, Why would he shoot you without a valid reason? Maybe because I was quite literally a brown south Asian woman with dark hair and he was a white as casper short round man with blue eyes ....

"Ma'am, do you realise why we have pulled you over?"

I bit my tongue to fight back smart answers that would most likely result in violence.

"I do not," I lied so smoothly that even I believed I was innocent. I lied, of course, I wasn't innocent!

"You ran a red light at the first exit from the highway, did you not?"