Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Mickie’s P.O.V.

                I didn’t like changing with him in the room but I understood why he was doing it. I changed into the dry clothes and pulled my wet hair up into a ponytail. I finished and walked quietly across the room to where Zack was.

                “Finished babe,” I said, wrapping my arms around his waist.

                “Ok, I’m gonna go get some dry shorts on. Will you come with me?” he asked, looking sorry for making me come with him.

                “Absolutely. Don’t be sorry for how you’re acting, I understand that you just wanna know I’m safe.”

                “Thank you Mickie.” We walked into his room again. He didn’t have a big closet so he grabbed his clothes and went into the bathroom.  I went to follow him but he stopped me, “You can stay in here if you want, I’ll just be a minute.” I nodded and sat down on his bed, playing with the edge of my shorts. He came out a bit later, just as my stomach growled.

                “Are you hungry?” he asked with a little smirk.

                “A little,” I replied.

                “Come on, let’s go eat something then we’ll come back up here.”

                “Ok,” I said with a smile. We walked down the stairs hand in hand.

                “What do you want to eat?” he asked, leading me into the kitchen.

                “Um, what do you have?” I asked him.

                “Burgers, hot dogs, cereal, we can get pizza,” he paused and looked at me.

                “Let’s get a pizza and we can eat in your room,” I suggested.

                “Good idea; pepperoni right?”

                “Yeah,” I said smiling. He smiled back and ordered our pizza. We hung out downstairs while we waited for the food. We laid out the couch and I had my head resting on his thigh while he was running his fingers through my hair.

                “So what are we gonna do if we run into Talen?” I asked him.

                “I don’t know; we don’t really need to worry about it either because I don’t plan on letting him get anywhere near you.”

                “I know but just in case,” I shrugged.

                “Ok, if he shows up when me and Micah are both round, then you’ll go with Micah. If you’re just with one of us then hide and wait…”

                “But I can fight,” I protested.

                “I know but I don’t want you risking it. Only fight if you have to.” I nodded and then the doorbell rang. I jumped up and grabbed the money while Zack answered the door. I walked into the hall, right as he opened the doors to the pizza…and Talen.

                “Pizza,” he said with a smirk for Zack and a wink for me.

                “Go Mickie! Get Micah!” Zack yelled at me. I ran upstairs and into his room. I took his phone and called Micah.