Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Gabe finds himself pacing back and forth in his house in the middle of the woods. He can't get his mind off of the strange woman named Melissa. It's been close to a month and she hasn't woken up. He knows because he has stalked her in the hospital without being noticed. Abby said that he has nothing to worry about. As a keeper, she would know, but he can't just let it go. That woman knows he's a Yuxa and he needs to make sure she doesn't speak. He will kill her himself if he has to.

"Gabe." Abby gently lays a hand on his shoulder. Her blonde hair is pulled up into a tight bun. She wears her usual sweats and tank top.

He turns around with a small smile. "Hey."

Abby lets out a small breath and let's out her news. "She's awake."

Gabe frowns. "When did she wake up?"

"A couple of minutes ago. The informer told me." They hire a rouge keeper to keep them informed if Melissa awakes.

He nods and straightens out his leather jacket. "I'm going to talk to her."

Abby hugs him. "Don't do something that you'll regret. You're not a killer anymore, Gabe."

"I know. Hopefully it won't come to that."

"Go and straight things out with her. Tell her we will pay her for her silence if necessary."

"I will." He gently kisses her on her forehead. "You worry too much."

"You don't give me a break." She jokes. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said before he walked out with determination.

Melissa flutters her eyes open. She could feel the fear rising in her. She notices her surroundings. The white walls crowd her and she lets out a piercing scream. Over and over again her panic rises and her screams become almost uncontrollable. It happens every time she awake from whatever she has gone into a coma for. Her fear rises and her screams become filling.

The nurses almost immediately enter trying to control her. "Give me a tranquilizer!" One of the nurses yells as she tries to hold down Melissa.

Her screams only get louder and louder. One minute she's fighting the nurses and the next she feels the burn of a needle on her arm. She struggles to hold herself together, but she falls on the bed as her body shakes uncontrollably. Her face goes pale and her eyes open up vacant. Her body finally goes still and her eyes remain open as tears fall down her face.

"Get out!" Tony pushes through the nurses as they stare at her with horror and confusion. He starts shaking Melissa's body. "Mother Fucker. You people are useless!" He said to the nurses. "Didn't you fucking see the medical records? Her body fucking rejects reviler and tranquilizers." He shouts at them. "They make her look dead." He snobs loudly.

Raymond wraps his arms around his lover and comforts him as he snobs loudly. Tony let's his husband comfort him.

"Step aside. Let me see the patient." Doctor Devon enters. Raymond gently pulls Tony aside so the doctor can check on Melissa.

The doctor gasps at those purple eyes, but composes his features to not let others see his reaction. He turns to Tony. "Are you a family member? Has this happened before?"

"I'm her best friend. This has happen twice since I met her, three times counting now. I don't know how it happens. We went to one of the best doctors and got into debt, but they found nothing. She's perfectly healthy. It just happens, but she usually never wakes up this early. It actually takes her months to wake up."