Stop slapping me!

SYDNEY POV

Bye princesses! Ivy screamed back at Noah and Kenny from the driveway as I went to my car, Ivy and Miley to hers while Ryan and Damien decided to go together.

I laughed at the memory of watching Barbie and the Twelve Princesses. At the main dance part, Ivy stood up and tried dancing like a ballerina, only to fail miserably.

Kennys and Noahs faces turned a light shade of pink as they were embarrassed about the fact of owning a Barbie CD.

Bye guys! Bye Ivy! I shouted and climbed into my car, closing the door and driving away, to see Ivy waving like a madwoman. I smiled to myself, she was so goofy.

Before I knew it, I pulled up into my own driveway and turned the key and got out, but scraped my arm, causing me to wince. The wounds hurt and my body was filled with bruises but Ivy was hurt more than me. Damn, was she strong.

I walked in, the door was locked but I opened it with my key. It was around four in the morning and I heard a sound, like the clanging of pots. There also was a splotch that sounded wrong.

How did a robber come into the house?

Really, Sydney? A robber came to cook? Amazing logic.

I shook my head and put my hand inside my jacket, my fingers wrapping around the familiar grip. I pulled my gun out, the barrel facing down. I moved silently, my senses alert. When I reached the kitchen, I saw a mop of black hair from the edge of the counter. I pointed my gun at the person and they looked up, my shock overtaking me.

LILY?!? I screamed, as I stared at the sharp face of my little sister, who ran towards me and slapped me across the face, hard. I lifted a hand to my cheek to rub the stinging feeling across my skin.

Stop screaming, you big, fat baboon! she whisper-shouted.

What the hell are you doi- I was cut off with another slap to my face, but on the other cheek.

Watch your tongue, young man. She said and placed her hands on her small hips, looking a lot like mum, her grey eyes piercing. I smiled and looked around to find that pots were turned and milk was spilt on the floor.

What the fuc-fudge happened here? I stuttered as Lily rose her brow at me.

Today is the day! she answered with a bright expression on her face while I frowned in confusion. At seeing the look on my face, Lily slapped her own forehead with her palm. What am I going to do with you? Today is mom and dads anniversary!

Was it?

Youre such an amazing son.

Okay. So what are you doing? she sighed and looked at me with a tired look.

Im making breakfast for them. Now that youre here, lets do it together.

Obviously. Continue cooking and the house will burn down or something. I murmured to myself and removed my shoes and jacket.

What was that, mister? Lily asked me, apparently having heard what I said.

Nothing. I spoke fast and gulped.

Thats what I thought. With that, both of us fell silent and went to work. We made a Mexican breakfast – which was eggs, tomatoes, corn tortillas, onions and some more stuff that was on the recipe – and a fresh fennel and cheese salad.

By the time we finished everything, we were both half covered in unknown substances and had tomatoes stuck on our heads but we smiled at each other with wide smiles.

“Do we wake them up or do we wait for them?” I asked Lily, since she was leading this.
“We wake them up.’ She said and took out a black tray on which she told me to place the dishes filled with food on while she climbed the counter and took a piece of folded paper from over the cabinet – how she got it there, I don’t know -  and jumped down.