10. It Was Her All The Time

Namyangju Residence, 9.15 PM

"W-what do you mean?" Taerin asked.

"You, were Hagi's best friend?"

"N-no I thought our Hagi was diffe-"

"Stop lying to me!" Mingyu became emotional. Taerin stared at the floor.

"I-I'm sorry," she said, still facing the floor. Tears started to form in her eyes. Mingyu couldn't help but to feel guilty.

"No no, I'm sorry.." Mingyu sighed.

"I just- It's been really hard for me the past few days, I get really emotional sometimes."

"I know you. You haven't changed," Taerin replied with a relaxed tone. "But you just stole my best friend, Mingyu. And you should be sorry for that."

"I'm a really bad person. I'm so sorry.."

"Now the real question is," Taerin continued. "Are you happy with the result of your little investigation?" She looked back at the floor, worried of what he would say.

Mingyu lifted her chin up and their eyes met.

"You know, I'm really thankful that it was you all the time," he said which made Taerin chuckle.

"You know how weird will it be if I have to date a girl which is a complete stranger to me?"

"I know."

"Now let's get inside, you have many things to tell me," Mingyu said while pulling Taerin's wrist lightly and walked inside his apartment room.

Thank you, Hagi. Taerin thought with a smile formed in the corner of her lips.