7. The First Piece

Myeongdong Residence, Seoul 1.42 PM

When Mingyu wasn't looking, Taerin grabbed an old, black, dusty, photo album she found and blew off the dusts all over it quietly. "It's been a long time since I last touched it.." She whispered to herself. "Did you say something?" Mingyu turned to look at her, until he saw the photo album Taerin was holding.

"Give it to me," he said, "What? No.. this is not-" Taerin stuttered as she tried to put the album back to its place before Mingyu took it from her and started flipping through the pages. "Wow, there's a lot of baby pictures in here.." He said. "I-I told you it's not the album you were looking for."

"It is! Maybe I can find something here.. Like, her childhood friend?"

"Her childhood friend?" Taerin asked confidently but deep down, she was nervous. "Yeah, her childhood friend."

"S-Sure, go ahead.. I'll go sit somewhere.." She said.

"You're not going anywhere. After all, there's a reason as to why I invited you here." Mingyu replied.

"Yeah right." Taerin rolled her eyes. Mingyu continued to turn the pages while she walked back and forth behind him, until she heard her name.

"Taerin, look what I found," his eyes widened. It was a picture of two girls smiling at a camera, arms on each other's shoulders. "Is she her best friend? She looks beautiful.." Mingyu stopped. "But she looks oddly familiar.."

Both of the girls had wavy hair. One was smiling with her mouth wide open, while the other was posing a 'V' sign. She knew where the picture was taken. It was her favourite place. She remembered who took the picture. She remembered what they were doing. Why? The girl beside Hagi, is Taerin, and she has always been that beautiful.

Of course she does. So I'm the girl Mingyu's trying to find. I can't let him know.

"We need to find more pictures," Mingyu continued searching while Taerin thought of a plan to prevent Mingyu from knowing it was her.

"Perhaps.. you could tell me where these pictures were taken?"

"How should I know?" Taerin asked.

"I don't know.. you're usually full of ideas," Mingyu replied.

"How do you know?"

Silence grew upon them.

"I just.. I know." Mingyu answered.

"It's Dosan Park,"

"You sure?" He asked.

"I am." Taerin nodded.

"Okay then, off we go."

During the way there, the atmosphere was awkward, it was too silent. Taerin sat on the back seat, looking to her right, while Mingyu concentrated on driving. 

--

flashback

"*Jagiya,"

"Yeah?" Taerin side-eyed Mingyu.

"Do you have a best friend? I rarely see you go out with your friends." He asked.

"Well, that's because I mostly go out with you, but yes, I do have a best friend." She replied.

"What's her name?"

"Her name? I call her *Imie, but her real name is Ha-"

"What up guys! Seungcheol here!" Their friend Seungcheol suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Ya! Seungcheol ah, you're creating a gap between our relationship!" Mingyu shouted.

"Who cares?"