UN

CHAPTER ONE.
( A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ATHENA was the type of person to go to a club and party the night away to drown all of her sorrows. She glanced up at the strobing lights and pondered how she found herself in the dark and dreary corner she sat in. She groaned as her head lolled back against the wall, and stood up. She dusted her skin-tight jeans and looked down at her feet.

The sound of heels clicking against tile filled her ears and, as she glanced up, her vision was filled with a gorgeous woman standing in front of her. Her trench coat was swaying against her legs as she walked and she flipped her platinum blonde hair behind her shoulder.

She stuck her hand out towards Athena and said, "Isabelle Lightwood." Athena was baffled that a woman like Isabelle was willing to associate with someone like her. Especially because the woman standing in front of her was a Shadowhunter, while Athena was merely a Downworlder. Most of the half-human half-angel beings thought Downworlders were the scum of the earth.

She had to register the fact that this woman wanted to actually talk to her before grasping her hand and saying, "Athena Gray." Isabelle smiled down at Athena, handed her a slip of paper, and quickly walked away towards the band of Shadowhunters she was with.

Athena quietly chuckled to herself before pulling herself off of the dirty floor of Pandemonium and walking towards the area Isabelle had gone off to. Isabelle and the other Shadowhunters walked behind a curtain in the club and she too walked towards it before the guards quickly shut the velvet curtains in her face. She raised her hand and shot her red energy sparking off of her fingers towards the guards' faces, enticing them to let her walk into the curtains.

A redhead who seemed to not know what was going on rushed past Athena into the room and watched the scene unfold before her. Isabelle climbed on top of a table and removed her green coat to reveal a white skirt and crop-top that hugged her curves perfectly. She raised her hand to pull off the platinum wig she was wearing. Her waves cascaded down her back, shimmering in the light. She then started swaying her white-clad hips to distract the demons. She looked gorgeous standing on that table, hips swaying in tune to the club music that pulsed throughout the cavernous room.

Athena was too busy contemplating Isabelle to notice the blonde Shadowhunter pull out his glimmering seraph blade. The redhead that had walked into the room previously screamed, "Watch out!" and pushed the shapeshifter away from the blonde and on to the couch. Isabelle's whip slithered down her wrist and into her hand as she swung it at the various demons in the room. The shapeshifter stood up off the couch, opening her mouth to reveal slimy tentacles. The redhead screamed and toppled her way into a corner.

Athena raised her hands and blasted the other demons in the room with the red energy to distract them while the other Shadowhunters killed them. The redhead grabbed the seraph blade that the blonde had dropped and looked at it with a mortified expression before another demon was pushed towards her and onto the seraph blade. The demon vaporized into thin air leaving the redhead even more mortified than she was before. She dropped the seraph blade and the blonde Shadowhunter went to go check on her. The blonde was attacked by another demon, and while he was distracted, the redhead ran out of the room.

Athena stopped blasting the demons with the sparking energy once she realized they were all gone. She shrugged her shoulders and walked towards the other Shadowhunters. "Athena Gray, warlock," she stated. She held her hand out to the blonde and the black haired boys. They grasped her hand and shook it up and down before telling her their names.