Untitled Part 6

I met my "boyfriend" at the side doors just as planned. He met me with another magazine cover smile as he reclaimed my hand in his and began leading me out into the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see." He replied putting his sunglasses on his face instantaneously transforming from male model type, to bad boy action hero looking type.

He really was handsome. I was sure that it didn't matter how long this charade went on for, I would never get used to having this guy next to me.  This all still feels like a dream. I sighed taking in the view.

A little to much I suppose because I found myself stumbling over someone's misplaced history book as we crossed the parking lot.

Thankfully, Jake seemed to be on much better grasp on this whole walking thing then I, as he gracefully wrapped his muscular arms around my waist stopping me from falling flat on my face. My heart began to pound in my chest, even louder then it was already.

"I-I'm okay, thanks.." I said  quickly squirming out of his arms.

"Watch where your going, clutz." He said as we arrived at his truck.

That's right, I forgot, this guys a total jerk.

That was a pretty good catch though, I thought as I reached for the passengers side door. 

Must be because he's a football player, I'd imagine those guys have to cultivate a low center of gravity. Or not. Is a low center of gravity something that can be cultivated? Or is it like a super power someone must be born with it?

The inside of his truck was disturbingly clean, it even had that new car smell.  I settle against the soft leather interior as I buckled my seat belt. I gulped feeling a bit nervous. This was the first time I'd ever ridden alone with a guy in a car.

We rode along in a mostly comfortable silence as some hyped up rap song played on the radio. What a toe tapper, I thought as I literally tapped my foot to the beat of the song. Soon another upbeat dance song came on the radio. The beat was so infectious that before I knew it I was dancing in my seat wiggling my sides and waving my arms to the music.

It wasn't until I heard a high pitched chuckle that I looked to the drivers side as noticed Jake staring at me with a wide grin on his face.

I felt my face heat up slightly with embarrassment.

"What are you giggling at, you should be watching the rode!" I said flipping up my collar and trying to hide behind it like a character from some old timey vampire flick.

"We're here."  He said turning off the engine.

I looked around. When had we stopped, and where exactly are we? We were surrounded by corn fields on both sides.

Oh my goodness. I knew this was too good to be true. He was a serial killer, he brought me out here to kill me. I knew all of this was too good to be true. I don't want to be serial killed!  Stupid Sophie, why else would a gorgeous, smart, and popular male specimen like this ever need someone like you at his side, even as a fake girlfriend. Okay, I waist for the next opportunity and I make a run for it.

I slowly turned my head back towards the drivers seat, daring to take a peak.

The seat was empty. I leaned over the seat looking out the drivers side window.  Nothing.

What the...

Where could he have gone?

"Ahhh!"

I jumped at the sound of tapping against the passenger door window.

"You coming in or what?" Jake asked, seeming annoyed.

"In-In where?" I questioned hesitantly.

"The house." He said in a matter of fact tone pointing to the side mirror.

I looked in the side mirror for the first time since I'd gotten into the truck.

There was a expansive 3 story house behind us. I've got to start paying more attention to my surroundings.  I nodded opening the passenger side door and following  him up the driveway.  The  mini mansion looking house did look very isolated and a bit out of place surrounded by cornfields on both side. I always assumed his family was well off, judging from the outside of his house, My assumptions were correct.

He spun his keys around on his fingers as he walked up the front door. As he opened the door and crossed the threshold I was struck with awe. The shiny spiral staircase that climbed one of the walls like a vine then spread out to form a bridge to the opposite wall. The floors were a golden-coppery marble with a water fountain in the middle of it all.

Was I even qualified to enter such a house.

"Ugh, come on, your wasting so much time." Jake said reappearing from around some unknown corner and grabbing me by the rest, essentially pulling me through the threshold and into his amazing world.

I didn't want to make him angry so I took long strides in attempt to keep up with his brisk pace while still staring at every glitzy glittering thing that there was to see. 

When We finally stopped it was only for a seconds so that he could open the door to one of the many rooms and pull me, shutting the door behind us.