Helitak Daze - Chapter 7

Katlin dashed past Stark straight into her office. She was shaking so badly, she could barely turn the door lock. She flipped on her iPod, so no one could hear her rant.

“Dear God, how could I have absolutely lost it like that? Passed out cold! Twenty years of dreaming up demur, cool hellos and long time no see. I melted to the floor without so much as a hi.” She smacked herself in the head. “He must think I’m a total twit. Years of searches on nationwide white pages, classmates, face book, yahoo, post locators. He couldn’t have been one of the 2000 thousand, freaking Michael Marks that I did find. I could have sent him a carefully worded email, BUT Nooooo. He has to plant his sky-blue eyes in front of my face, with no warning. Arrrrgh!”

Kat paced her office, in a literal tizzy, making sharp turns at the ends of her desk. “Did he know me? Maybe I can lie and say I was hungry. No that’s stupid. I’m not a wimp. I learned a long time ago to be honest and let the chips fall where they may. Not telling him how I felt the first time is what got me in this whole situation. Even if nothing comes of this, at least I’ll have some closure about that moment in my life.”

Thoughts of their last night together played in her mind, while he thought of the same thing. She unbuttoned his uniform blouse, sliding it off his arms. Next she pulled his t-shirt out, kissing his stomach, slowly licking her way up the defining lines of his abs. He shivered, pulling her on top of him as he slid to the top of the bed. She pressed him into the pillows. “Shh. Lay back and enjoy.”

Kat wanted to memorize every inch of his body. This man she loved so much it hurt. Fingers traced the muscles in his shoulders, the sinews of his arms, over his pecks and ran them through the golden hair on his chest. ‘Funny,’ she thought, ‘I never liked hairy chests, before.’ She loved the smell of him. Her tongue rolled his nipple in her mouth. He groaned and reached for her again. She grinned up at him and captured his hands in her own. She kissed his palm and sucked his finger, as her other hand glided up his thigh to cup him. More shivers.

Exhaling warmly across his shaft, she did not touch it, but continued her journey down his body. Lips, hands and hair brushed sensitive areas, making him squirm. “You are such a tease.” He moaned.

“I’m not teasing you, I’m whispering promises.” Her mouth covered him. He jumped so hard, she nearly bit him. She alternately stroked him with her tongue and hands, but would not release him. When he couldn’t stand anymore, he dragged her under him and took her. They laughed together at the teasing battle between them. Love should be like that; a balance of passion, fun and joy.

Afterwards, he brought her into the shower with him. Another first, for her and then he proceeded to do the most erotic things with a bar of soap. It had been the best night if her life, among several memorable ones with him. Even now, she tingled at the memories.

A knock sounded. Should she answer it? Could she face him right now? Maybe he’ll go away.

“Kat? It’s David, I’m alone. Let me in.”

Kat whipped open the door. “Oh David, I’m so sorry. I made a complete ass out of myself.”

He put an arm around her shoulders. “You ok, now? I have to say that was the last reaction I’d expect out of the calm, cool, collected Katlin Downey.”

“I totally wigged out. I feel a little sick to my stomach.” She rubbed her tummy. It was a weird feeling. She looked at David with worried eyes. “He’s still out there, isn’t he? He’s upset.”

David cocked his head. “How could you know? I mean, he was looking a little pasty, with that deer in the head lights look, when I left him, but . . .” He didn’t finish before she brushed past him.