Chapter 3

Today was a new day, but it was different then other days. Instead of waking up in a comfortable bed I woke up on the floor of a class room. I was by myself..which is weird because I fell asleep with Seth. I look around to see if he's still in the room anywhere, but he's not. I try to get up but my hand lands on a paper and I pick it up to see what is says. It reads:
Babe, don't leave the room. I'll be back at 9am. If in not back by then go to the cafeteria, but be careful and quiet! There's still a few cops going around. Hopefully they'll be gone soon.
-Seth

"Ok then," I say out loud to myself, "probably got hungry." I laugh a little and then check the clock in the class. It's 8:30 right now, so I'll go check the cafeteria in a bit if he doesn't show up. I go through my backpack and find my charger. I didn't think it was in here, but I'm happy that it is. I plug it in and check to see if I have any messages, and just as I predicted I have none.

I start to think, a lot. Why does the power still work? Why do I still have service on my phone? Will I always still have these things? In an alien invasion, how do things work now? Are they gonna destroy the planet or just everything that lives on it? Do people still work at the phone places and that's why mine still works?

After a while of thinking of random things, I text Sam and hope she doesn't get caught by the people at the camp or anything.

---

Me: Pst

(5min later)
Sam: Jess!! Omfg you ok???

Me: Umm, I think so. I mean I'm not hurt.. But I'm still at the school.

Sam: Good.. The camps are, no.

Me: No?

Sam: They're using us as hostages to lure the aliens into their trap.

Me: Wtf? Where at tho?

Sam: We're in.. Arizona..
Sam: Plz save us Jess.. I'm so scared.

Me: We will, don't worry. I just.. Give me a few days okay?

Sam: I heard them talking.. They're gonna put us somewhere for their stupid plan in a week..

Me: I have to go to my house for my brother and cousin tonight and get supplies. Then we'll go straight to Arizona to look for you, okay?

Sam: Ok..
Sam: I have to go
Sam: Bye Jess! Good luck. Be careful. I love you so much Boo!💋😭

Me: I love you too❤️😥

---

I check the time again, it's 9:10. Time to go to the cafeteria I guess. I get my backpack and put my phone in there with the charger. I look around in the cabinets and find some school supplies surprisingly. I get a ruler for the blade it has, scissors for obvious reasons, a few other school supplies that might be needed, printing paper in case I get bored or something, and then that was it.

For an "empty" class room, there sure are a lot of stuff in here.. I'm starting to think if this room really is one of the empty class rooms. I look around to make sure I'm not leaving any of my stuff behind and then get out of the room. I walk into another room down the hall because I know that teacher always keeps food in there. No ones coming back here, so I guess I might as well just take it, right?

I go straight for her fridge. I find a bunch of juice boxes, granola bars, a bag of grapes, and four water bottles. I take it all out and put it in my backpack, which is starting to get a little full by the way, so I take out everything I won't need like homework and notebooks. Would have seemed like the most important, but who's coming back here anyway? Even if this whole situation clears up and we resume school I can just blame it on this. That and it'll most likely still be in this class, so no problem. Right?