Chapter 16 (Part 2)

I pulled out my phone and called Leo.

“Hello, Lily?” He answered.

“Hey, Lee. I’m on my way.” I told him.

“Do you want me to come and pick you up?” He asked. “I’m round the corner from yours.”

“But I’m at Mike’s. Um… pick me up at the bus stop on the end of my road.” I told him. “I’ll get there in about two minutes.”

“Okay, see you in a bit.” He told me.

“Bye.” I was just about to hang up.

“Oh wait, Lily?” He suddenly said.

“Mmm?” I asked as I began to walk.

“Happy birthday, Lils.” He said.

I couldn’t help but smile. “Thanks, Lee.”

“Okay, now I’ll see you.” He said, chuckling slightly.

“Bye.”

My hearts seemed to have speeded when he called me ‘Lils’ but when he laughed, it felt as though it would burst. I know it sounds cliché but it’s amazing how I still felt the same as I used to.

I started to walk to the bus stop. It was a two minute walk but I was already craving for Leo. I had seen him last night but today was special. Today we were preparing to tell our parents that we are going out. Just thinking about it made my palms sweat. I had no idea how my parents would react. Leo had told me that Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Chris would be fine with it.

I got to the bust stop to see Leo’s shiny silver Mercedes waiting for me. I could see him smiling at me from behind the steering wheel. He got out and opened the door for me. I actually let him today, rather than snapping at him. I wanted everything to be perfect today.

“Hey, Lils.” He said, smirking at me.

“Hey, Lee.” I pulled on his tie so that he could move in for a kiss.

I could feeling him smiling into the kiss. I licked his lips and deepened the kiss.

He pulled away and grinned at me. “Let’s save it for somewhere a little less public, okay?” 

I blushed and rolled my eyes. “Fine.”

“Happy birthday, by the way.” He told me as he turned on the engine.

“How many times are you going to remind me?” I said, laughing.

“I’ll stop tomorrow, I promise.” He said chuckling.

We drove the rest of the way to his house. It didn’t seem to take too long. I noticed that Leo kept glancing over to me.

“What is it?” I asked him.

“Nothing. You look beautiful.” He answered.

“You’re not telling me something.” I told him.

He rolled his eyes. “You’ll see soon enough.”

We got to his house and almost as soon as we walked through the door, his lips were on mine. I heard the door slam somewhere behind me. I took no notice. All I could feel was Leo. His scent, his taste, his warmth and his tight embrace.

He pulled away and looked deep into my eyes with his own blue eyes.

“You’re worried about something.” He stated.

I turned away. “It’s nothing.”

“It’s about your parents, isn’t it?” He sighed and wrapped his arms around me.