Chapter 14

We checked out swiftly. I said bye to Sandra and thanked her for all the advice she had given me last nice.

We were no sitting inside the taxi on our way to the theatre where the competition was being held. My palms were sweating and I couldn’t stop shaking.

 Leo placed a hand on my knee.

“Calm down, Lils. It’s you’ll be amazing.”

He grinned at me. I took his hand.

“Thanks but they’ll be amazing too…” I muttered.

“You just have to do what you did at the hotel.” He told me soothingly.

I sighed. “That was a one-time thing, Lee. I’m scared.”

“Don’t be, Lils. I promise, you’ll be great.” He stroked my hand.

The rest of the journey there was silent. I was scared and worried. I had that same worried feeling in the pit of my stomach telling me that something was wrong. Something bad had happened and I could feel it.

Leo helped me out of the taxi and we got inside the theatre. It was beautiful. The ceiling was painted with little intricate details. The walls even seemed to be carved with little cherubs. We walked through the theatre and into the dressing rooms.

As much as I hated it, I had to let go of Leo’s hand. Everyone here knew that I would be attending with my ‘teacher’.

We made our way towards a woman who was carrying a clipboard and walkie-talkie.

“Hello, we’re from Brookdale High School. I’m here with Lily Worthington.” Leo told her.

The woman looked down at her clipboard and scribbled something down. She forced a smile.

“Yes, please follow me.” She walked off towards the left corridor.

We followed her as she walked.

“This is your dressing room. We will call you two minutes before your recital and if you need anything, I’ll be where you found me.” She explained.

“Thank you.” Leo said politely.

“Um, yeah, thanks.” I told her distractedly.

I stepped into the dressing room. It was lovely. It looked like a girly bedroom. It had a large sofa, a dressing table, a small bathroom and a wardrobe. The walls were painted a small pink and there were small spotlights drilled into the ceiling.

I barely noticed as Leo closed the door. I suddenly felt his lips on mine. I kissed him back hungrily, trying to forget all my worries.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes worriedly.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, stroking my cheek.

“Leo… I feel bad. Something bad is going to happen.” I whispered.

“If you’re worried about the comp-.”

“No, it’s not the competition.” I told him, cutting him off. “Remember our date? When we went to the movies and I kept telling you I felt bad? It’s like that.”

“Look, Lils, I know I said this last time but try not to worry, okay? Just forget about it until after the competition, okay? We’ll be home in a couple of hours.”

“But L-.”

“It’s fine, Lils.” He whispered, cutting me off this time.

He kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around him.