Unpretty - 16

I taste something metallic in my mouth and snap back to reality.  I realize I must have been smiling while staring out the window.

I return to the task at hand and focus on what needs to be done.  I return to recognizing what I despise about my face and I see it the moment I look back in the mirror.

I turn my head to the right and touch my nose.

I hate my huge nose. 

It is a hideously huge thing, this nose of mine. 

I want the nostrils smaller.  I had it done but not the way I want it to be.

I would have to cut it from my face so I can alter the size of my nostrils.

I create a small cut on the left bottom part of my nose.  I replace the knife with scissors and cut my way through until I reach the bony part of it.

Before I do the same thing on the other side, I wipe the blood away first and cover the cut with a piece of bandage until it stops bleeding.

I turn my head to the right and do the same thing on the right side of my nose.

Now my nostrils don’t look like it at all.

The skin flops on my face, creating that look of a detachable nose.

Only the bridge of my nose holds it in place.

If it isn’t for the bridge of my nose and the bone underneath, it would have lied totally flat on my face or fallen completely on the sink.

I lay the scissors down and wipe once again the blood that continues to flow.

 Sure that it has stopped bleeding; I throw the piece of bandage on the floor.

I insert a new long nylon thread on one of the needles and grab the tweezers next; time to alter this nostril that adds to my huge nose.

I hold the loose part of my nose with the tweezers and start sewing it again to my face.

I adjust its position a little so that the nostrils become smaller.

The skin itself is thick, making it hard for me to pierce the needle through.

At last after 12 tiny careful stitches, 6 on each side, I am finished.

My new nose is already in place. 

I move it to test the toughness of my stitches, satisfactorily enough it doesn’t unravel.

There is a wound on each side of my nose, right where I cut it earlier and yet to me it doesn’t matter.

It will eventually heal.  All wounds heal.

Happily satisfied with what I have accomplished, I couldn’t help but smile.

I knew I can do this.  I’m almost done.

And then blood slowly flows from the sides of my mouth, the metallic taste back once again.

As I start to lift a piece of cloth to my mouth, I see the gauze covering my eyelids getting soaked with blood. 

I hastily remove the gauze and examine my eyelids, unmindful of my bleeding mouth.

The blood flows to my eyes, blurring everything I see.

The bottom part of my right eye lid is falling off; the stitches I have made are all loosening from the knot I made earlier.

I cut the stitches carefully and hold the bottom eye lid in my hands. 

I start sewing it back and do the same thing on my left eye lid; making sure that this time the stitches and the knot is secured and there to stay.

I wipe the blood away with my hands as my heartbeat starts to quicken in my chest.

Hello. The "gory" part should only be 2 pages at most but this is the 3rd page and she's not even finished yet. I'm trying to make the next scenes shorter. Please bear w/ me and sorry for these notes. >.<  And thank you for still reading unpretty. :D