1

The music louder and louder every time. I could feel everything around me, my eyes were closed but the rest of my senses were wide-awake; the taste of alcohol in my mouth and the touch of other people's skins while everyone danced to the rhythm of the music in my ears.

I had never felt more alive.

A smile appeared on my lips when I felt a pair of hands on each side of my waist moving along with me and my eyes opened to meet blue eyes. I was drunk as fuck so I giggled getting closer to the guy in front of me, running my hands through his chest ignoring the rest of the world and ignoring the annoying voice at the back of my head telling me I should not trust a strange man that I met at a club.

"I could really use a drink right now" I whispered on his ear and I noticed how his eyes darkened focusing on my lips once I moved away. I wanted to drown the voices of my conscience.

"I'll go get it" he said walking away and I noticed how a smirk appeared on his face.

A new song started and the DJ took a microphone to say something.

And that was the moment I finally noticed her.

Short black hair, wet after she used some of her bottled water to reduce the heat, her face had the most delicate features and the drops of water running through it made her look even hotter than she already was.

"Are you guys having fun?" she said and I easily recognized her accent as Australian, people screaming and laughing followed it, "I'm so glad you are! My name is Ruby Rose and you are the most fucking sick crowd" the people screamed louder this time and a laugh escaped from my mouth.

That was the moment her eyes found mine and deep blue was all I could focus on. A little smile appeared on her lips while she ran her hand through her hair and my cheeks turned red. I tried to ignore what was happening closing my eyes again and trying to find the rhythm to this new song but I could still feel her gaze from the stage over my body.

I suddenly remembered, where was my drink? The guy had been away for about fifteen minutes so I started looking around through the people dancing, that until I noticed a guard started walking towards me, which made my eyes go wide open, suddenly feeling nervous, which was odd since I had done nothing illegal.

"Hey, hey I have done nothing wrong" I said really fast raising my hands, so he laughed.
"I know you haven't, someone wants to talk to you" he moved his head pointing towards the stage but no one was there. "Come with me" He took me softly by the arm leading me towards the doors that led to the backstage, and while I entered this entirely new place the alcohol effect started to dissolve leaving me confused and scared.

The room was small, tables around it with a bunch of cables and laptops over them and just a few chairs, at least that was all I could focused on.

"Hey gorgeous," a voice came from behind me and when I turned I got lost. Blue was all I saw, and it was even more beautiful this close. "I'm Ruby"

"I-I know," I said but my throat was dry so I cleared it" "I'm Joy"

"Nice to meet you" she said and when she noticed I wasn't going to say something else she continued "I know this most be super weird for you but you got my attention out there and I wanted to know if you'd like to hang out sometime" she scratched the back of her neck nervously.

"I'm flattered but I was with this guy and-" she didn't let me finish.

"The guy you were dancing with? He was putting something on your drink; that was the other reason I asked for you, I had him taken out"

The alcohol was completely gone all of a sudden, there were too many things happening all at once.

"I know you must be really confused right now, and probably the only thing you want to do is go home, but look," she took a marker from one of the tables were all of her crew stuff was and then my arm, she opened it with her mouth (I'm not even going to lie, it was hot) and wrote what I thought was her number. "You text me if you ever wanna meet"

I smiled softly and nodded. She walked away leaving me alone with the rest of the guards so I turned around to leave the place.

Once I was out, my vision got a bit blurry when the heat of the night suddenly hit me. I started walking through the street looking for a cab to get home, but as I kept walking the place had less and less people.

And then I felt how someone hit me on the back of my head making my legs weak so I fell on my knees. Hands everywhere.

"C'mon, you must have money somewhere"

I tried to scream, to say something, to stand up for myself but when the softest sound came out of my mouth he hit me again on my stomach leaving me breathless.

He took my wallet when he finally found it and ran away while I was spitting out blood lying on the floor thinking about how stupid I had been, and the last thing I heard was the ambulance getting closer to me. Then everything went dark.