Chapter 27

Ten years later...

"Dadda!" Smiled Tobias's sweet baby girl, Laurie Mae. His wife, Kennedy stood by him and smiled. She was a fellow cancer survivor, like Tobias. She understood his struggles, and he understood hers. She lost her best friend, as well, to cancer. Her name was Macey. The two both wanted to honor those they lost by naming their firstborn after them. God is still good, thought Tobias. He definitely had hard times, but he wouldn't trade what he had now with Kennedy and their daughter for the world. Now Tobias went on speaking tours to encourage cancer patients or loved ones of them and teach them about His merciful God. Kennedy did the same and also spoke on these tours.

Andrew picked up toys and put them in the toy box. God blessed him with the ability to be a foster parent. His home was always full of foster sons and daughters, and he loved it. He taught the kids about the Lord, and every one of them came to know Him. He would never forget the child who was most dear to his heart, though. Laura Sumters. By now she would be 26, probably already a wife and mother. Both he and she most out on huge moments in her life. Watching her graduate, helping her get into college, giving his blessing to her now would be husband, walking her down the aisle, babysitting grandchildren. Now, He was blessed enough to be a father figure to children once more, which was doing the thing he loved most.

Steven Nova was just coming home from a conference he spoke at. He gave his testimony of how he didn't take on the responsibility of fatherhood, but also what huge losses that gave him. Many attenders of these conferences were future parents, particularly future fathers. He spoke about the temporary thrill and satisfaction of fame and riches, which was so little compared to the everlasting fulfillment he found in Christ Jesus. His thrill now wasn't in fame, but in sharing Jesus' name. Despite missing out on the opportunity to get to know his only child, he was full, joyful, and at peace. Steven Nova knew he was in the right place now.

Aubrey proudly closed her Bible. She just finished reading all of it, which was quite a feat for her. She found the Lord, and was joyful of it. Now she had hope of seeing God in Heaven one day, as well as her beloved daughter. Additionally, she finally granted Laura's wish, for her to have a personal relationship with Jesus, the one she rejected for years. Either way, Aubrey was glad for the grace now and had a lot more peace. Her husband now also taught her a lot about God. She met him at the church she first started attending about a month after Laura's death. His name was Wayne, and together, Aubrey was blessed with three more pregnancies that bore her four more children, all completely healthy and disease free. Aubrey knew that if Laura was still here, she would've loved being a big sister to her half siblings.

At times, all of them wondered what Laura's life was like now, up in Heaven. At any rate, they were at least happy and relieved to finally come to a pleasing conclusion for themselves.

Life was looking up.