Chapter 3

Hiya, Loves!! Please, please, please leave a comment to tell me what to do next ok?? I will try to get you guys chapters as quickly as I can but my summer job will probably get in my way (●'^●) so I'm writing as many chapters ahead of time!!! y^^y

I sit in my creative writing class, patiently counting down the seconds. A heavy downpour of rain steadily raps against the schools red tin roof.

There are about ten people, including myself, that signed up for this class. Honestly, I thought there would be more than that but I'm not complaining. The bottle blonde from earlier resides in the way back with her other 'blondes'. I think they join this class because it looked easy. I would be lying if I said that I didn't also think that at one point but now I genuinely enjoyed the class.

The Sensei gave us an assignment then mumbled something about free food in the teachers lounge before slamming the door behind her. As soon as she left, Blonde strutted up to my desk with a confidence that I could tell was fake. She straddles the chair in front of my desk so she faces me and crosses her arms to lay her head on. To avoid a fight I ignore her by looking out the windows at the rain. I wait for her to move but her sugary sweet perfume makes me want to throw up.

"Is there something you want?" I ask in my most neutral voice. I'm still not looking at her.

"Yeah, I guess there is something I want." I see her smirk out of the corner of my eye. Blonde's teeth have a yellow film that makes it look like she holds a corn on the cob in her mouth.

Looking back at her I see that she is rifling through my backpack. She pulls out old and new drawings before dumping the whole lot unceremoniously on the floor. Both my notebooks and pencils carpet the floor. Slowly a small picture of my family floats to the floor and lands on top of the pile. Before I can reach it Blonde snatches it up.

"Aww! Look at that. What a big, happy family!" She smashes her lips together and talks to me like I'm a baby. My chest tightens in a familiar way that tells me I'm about to have a panic attack. I scramble to get it out of her hand but her height gives her an advantage. She keeps the picture just out of my reach. My breathing becomes labored and my arms and legs start to tingle in that uncomfortable way. If I don't calm down I'll pass out and I don't want to be at the hands of Blonde and her friends.

Suddenly I hear a heart-wrenching 'rip'. My picture falls from Blonde's hand in multiple pieces. Now it feels like my heart has stopped all movement. Blonde and her friends begin to laugh. The horrible noise is only cut off by the bell. I feel them leave but I stay in the classroom. I didn't know was crying until the fat drops fall next to the picture. The way Blonde had ripped it divided my parents from my brother and me. My brother carries a delightful smile but I can see through his thin mask. Haruki never really like our family. He always was sneaking out of the house and sometimes not returning for a few days at a time. My mother promised that if he smiled he could get his own apartment. Little did he know that a month later he would get his own apartment but his little sister would have to stay with him. I know he hates me. That's why I'm saving up money to move away from this town. I hate this place.

I stumble out of the classroom. I have no intention of going to my next class, Engineering. My eyes catch a glint of something in the adjoining hallway. I look over to see the boy from the roof. He startles when I stare but gives me a hesitant smile. I don't notice the subtle movement of him sheathing a small knife in his back pocket.

The boy takes a tentative step in my direction then seeing as I don't back away he quickly walks over, all while keeping eye contact. His hair almost looks blue it's so black in this light.

"Why are you crying, (Y/n)?" He whispers as he brings his hand up to touch my cheek. Confused as to how he knows my name I flinch back from his hand. The boy looks hurt. For a second I could have sworn that his eyes glassed over in a dangerous way. In one quick movement, he takes my head in both hands to keep it from moving away from him.

My heart starts racing again. I try to pull my face away but his grip is too strong. I know that his hands will leave marks later.

The boy brings his face closer to mine in what I would suspect is a kiss.

"Katsu! What are you doing dude?" The boy, Katsu, seems to break from his spell and loosen his hold on my face. I almost fall back on my butt from how hard I was pulling on his hold. Not wasting anytime I run off in the opposite direction. I feel a light touch on my elbow. Looking behind me I see Katsu reaching out for me. His eyes hold the familiar shy/worried look from back on the roof.

"Wait, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! COME BACK HERE NOW!" That's the last I hear before I rush out the school doors.

I don't know how long I ran but I end up in an unfamiliar park. Just when I think my luck couldn't have been worst I feel a tap on my shoulder and a silky voice purrs in my ear.

"Hello, dearie."