Chapter 1

Hello, my Lovies!! This is the first chapter of my first book and would love fed back! I doubt a lot of people will read this but whatever. This was inspired by another YandereXReader book by Okami_Takuyoshi.  (')Ψ Hope you enjoy!!

As I trudge up the cement steps up to my apartment complex I can't help but feel uneasy. Something about this late autumn day feels different from the others for some reason, except when I look around I find nothing unusual. The same sketchy neighborhood surrounds me. The only thing that could be the cause of the shivers running up my back would be the dangerous looking homeless woman that glares at me for a reason that can only be made up in her head. Though, I lived here for the past four years and can say that I'm used to the unwanted attention so it can't be her.

I turn my attention back to the front doors and shake off the feeling. As soon as I enter the indoor stairwell I'm greeted by the sharp stench of alcohol. My neighbor Yuki, a man in his mid-fifties, follows me with his eyes as I walk past him on the stairs. Judging by his slouched form I can guess he got fired again. My apartment walls are very thin so I know when his wife gets home she will take leave him 'for good' once she finds out since this is his third job in the past six months. I give him a ghost of a smile before firmly shutting then locking my apartment door. I stay looking at the door for a few seconds. I brace myself for the worst as I spin around.

My shoulders noticeable lower as I take in the scene before me. My brother, Haruki, has his arms wrapped tightly around his woman of the night. He quickly acknowledges me with a nod then continuous his perverted exploration of the women. She's sickly thin. Her high cheekbones make her look like a skeleton. She breaks her heated gaze with my brother to look me up and down before finally resting on my face and giving me a cheeky wink. My ever jealous brother pulls her head back toward him and plants a passionate kiss on her neon orange tinted lips. I don't dress very feminine like and I guess she might think I would like her services next. (This is not meant to stereotype anyone's sexuality) Right now I sport a loose tank top and even baggier jeans that just about cover the tops of my maroon Converses'. Last summer I had dyed my hair (f/c) and cut it (insert length). (Or if you don't have hair then just ignore this)

I roll my eyes at their display and head to my bedroom. My room had to be the cleanest in the whole apartment, which isn't saying much. Sketching and doodles littered my walls and floor. The corner that wasn't carpeted in a thick layer of paper was the on by my only window. It was my favorite place to be. A place where I'm alone but I could still watch people as they passed. I could see them but they couldn't see me unless they looked up. It was usually the random strangers that I drew.

The one thing I hated about this spot were the apartments across the street. The apartments across the way were a bit more high class, but not by much. Directly across from my window stood an isolated window. Lately, it's been creeping me out. The blinds are always drawn but I could have sworn I'd seen them move once or twice but whenever I looked back at them they were still. Sometimes I even think I see the flash of a camera but that's ridiculous, right?

Grabbing my latest sketch book I sit in front of my window. The homeless women from before still sit on the steps. She watches the passing cars with an almost predatory glint in her eyes. I giggle as I hear her growl at a car that I guess got to close. I decide to draw a portrait of her.

I'm half way done with her outline when I see movement in the window from the corner of my eye. I quickly turn my head I get a glimpse of electric green eyes just before they widen in surprise and duck back into the shadows. I frown and squint my (e/c) eyes at the window.

The slamming of the front door makes me jump in my spot and I look behind me to see Haruki in my doorway.

"Oi, (Y/n). If you're done being useless I made our dinner." As soon as he left I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding. Looking back at the window one last time I dropped my sketchbook haphazardly and walked out of my room. What I didn't when I left was the curtains pull back to reveal a devilish grin and the matching glint of a knife.