XXI. The Phantom's Discovery for a Certain Savior

Here you guys go! Chapter 21 but this is in Helena's POV

Hope you guys like it and lets get this chapter 35 votes for the next Two Part Chapter! 

____________________________________________

Stubborn Hearts:

XXI.     The Phantom's Discovery for a Certain Savior

HELENA

Silence.

That’s what surrounded me as I sat there along with other members who were previously Overseers and Advisors to past Heads like my father and brother. We were seated in a long, wooden dining table which was odd for me as we never had meetings in the Eagle’s house. It was usually in the backroom of either of our business managements. Those were the only places where we could fully inform about our dilemmas along with the other serious bad news that are endangering our families’ safety and our name. Even though I was the Head of the Phantoms and everyone reported to me, the Eagle was higher than my ranking. He was Head Phantom. He was the Boss of all bosses. 

He was a respected man yet ruthless when it came to damaging enemies. He had brilliant plans that were well calculated. From all the past Heads before him who regularly got a few Guerillas in trouble with the police or dead, the Eagle had less Phantom blood on his hands. He sought for the safety of the Phantom families and made the Phantoms clan more merciless and feared. His idea to make everyone respect the Phantoms was to eliminate opposing gangs even the smallest crews and take over the drug cartels that were running underground.

During his time, no one tried to overthrow him or target him either. He was respected and feared. He could make the strongest man fall to his knees, begging for his life. Though, with the police keeping a watchful eye on him, the Eagle had his team of Overseers and faithful Guerillas to do the work for him. The two Overseers that kept the Guerillas in line especially the Goblins* who did the more ‘hands on’ jobs and would do anything for the Phantoms even if they spend twenty years in jail or be tortured by other gangs were seen more like the president’s secret service. 

Wherever the Eagle and the Falcon went, the Overseer who commanded the Guerillas would send a few of them to protect the Eagle and the Falcon. With the Black Vendetta staying true to their name and the great rivalry between us and them, any type of ploy could happen that involved the Eagle. Taking the Eagle out of the equation is the same as eliminating the President of the United States. Enemies would start to think that the Phantoms could be easily beaten. In order to become Head Phantom, the Eagle must promote you along with the rest of the men in this meeting.

The Phantoms were a diplomatic gang. We had our ranks that kept the gang in place. Certain members controlled a part of the gang and reported to the Boss. It was how the Elder Phantoms thought of it. No one wants to be seen as fools especially the Phantoms. We want to be seen as clever bastards who could fool our enemies. Unlike the Black Vendetta who sought out their plans without thinking reasonably, we knew of our risks and possibilities. We move in action when the plan is thought out carefully. 

That’s what separated the Vendetta scum and the Phantoms.

I twirled the metal skull ring on my thumb, suddenly hearing a throat clearing out.

“Is something troubling you, Helena?” I heard someone asked.

I looked up to meet chocolate brown eyes that scanned me over, assessing over my features. Marc Davidson was the Eagle’s advisor as well as mine. He took care of the financial expenses in each of our managements and he was also the man of reason. He was a kind man who always asked for a fare fight with no casualties. He was much like my father who always thought to spare a life to save another. Marc wasn’t well equipped to be in a fearless gang especially this one. He was raised by a local couple who worked in a bookstore; no gang ties with them.