If This Ain't Love Then What Is?

AN> two uploads in one night not so happy with this chapter there is a little juicy bit in this chapter nothing really. Just a little boy on boy fun.

Chapter 3

Graduation is the most boring event. The principle makes a speech followed by the president of the school board and a few other people that nobody even knew.  But here I am back at my house getting ready for this snore fest. My mom who was a fashion designer designed most of my clothes my style was all thanks to her. Checking myself out in the mirror I nodded.

   “Not bad.” I don’t normally wear dressy clothes but it was a semi-formal event since we didn’t get a cap and gown. The black slacks were a perfect fit and paired nicely to my black button up shirt with my green tie with matching converse.  I adjusted the black frames on my face and ran a hand through my hair, which only fell back into my face. “Honey, are you decent?” my mother came into my bedroom. I turned to her. Her eyes looked me over from the top of my head down to my shoes. “Wow, Nick when did you grow up so fast?” she pulled me into her arms hugging me tightly. She pulled away to look at me once more. “You should wear your contacts tonight.” I groaned. The worst things in the world were contacts skinny jeans were a close second.

  After struggling for almost an hour to get my contacts in I was successful. Time was going by so slowly and my mom insisted on taking a million photos. I sighed. “Dad, please save me.” I plopped down on the couch next to him. He just laughed “you know how your mother is.” Was it time to go yet? “Come on boys time to go!” my mother called out to my father and I. The car ride to the school was quiet as my dad drove. Occasionally my mother would snap a picture or two. We only lived a couple blocks from the school so it only took us about 10 minutes. We hit every red light possible. Grrr annoying. The schools parking lot was an absolute mad house, “can you drop me off I have to meet my classmates in the front of the school” I asked. I caught a glimpse of Brad walking with Collin and his mom. Shit Collin why had he come? Shouldn’t he be at a party or hanging out with his girlfriend? He was pretty mad at me today what if he cracks a gay comment in front of my parents. I don’t want them to have suspicions about me.

   When my dad stopped the car I jumped out quickly looking around for Brad. Where did he go? An arm slung around my shoulder “looking for me?” Brad whispered in my ear. “Yeah. Let’s go find our friends.” He kept his arm around my shoulder I caught another glance at Collin it looked as though he was frowning but he turned away too quickly to tell. We went off to find our group. “NICK! Wait up” Cassie called from behind. Her heels clicked on the sidewalk loudly as she ran to us. “Hey Cass” I pulled her into a hug as soon as she was in grabbing distance. I needed a hug. I need a lot more than that. “Hey guys I’m gonna go to the bathroom.” I pointed to the direction it was in and insisted they go on without me. They did.

       I pushed my way through the crowd of people once in the bathroom I walked to the sink. Why was this Collin thing bugging me so much? I heard the door open and click shut. Small arms wrapped around my waist “what’s wrong baby cakes?” I couldn’t help but smile. “Ryder he hates me.” I turned to face him his arms still wrapped around me.

     He growled “Collin is a dick and if he hates you then he is missing out.” My hand lifted to cup Ryder’s cheek. Leaning down my lips brushed against his. I began to pull away but was pulled back into a kiss. Our lips moved together I softly nibbled his bottom lip begging for entrance. When his mouth opened my tongue, sweet just as I remembered it, met his we fought for dominance but I easily won. I flipped us around so that he was between me and the sink. With one leg rubbing between his earning me a soft moan. I smiled against his lips.

 “Why can’t we be in love?” he smiled looking up at me. “Because that would be to easy, and we both need a challenge.” We both laughed. I leaned him kissing his lips softly then smiled. “Thank you for always helping me.” He was right even though we cared for one another neither of us would actually love the other.

[Brads POV]

   So it’s been five minutes since Nicky left, Cassie has been nonstop talking about things she has to do this summer, and I am really annoyed. Add worried to that list what is wrong with my best friend, I hope he isn’t sick. Gah we have five more minutes before we start this where is he? What if he is hurt?

   “Dude Brad will you stop pacing you’re making me nauseous.” Cassie grabbed my arms holding me in place. “He is fine, he probably stopped to talk to people he knows.” She tried comforting, but it wasn’t working. Why did I have to fall for my best friend out of all the people in this world, what if he is with Ryder? “Whoa, whoa, whoa, put those fists away you are not hitting anyone.” I looked down at my clenched fists. “Listen I know you love him and you are worried about him. He is fine. He is walking up right now with some short little cutie pie. Oh my goodness he is like adorable!!” I turned to see Ryder cuddled into Nicky’s arm. Why does he have to hang all over Nicky all the time?

      “Look who I found wondering around” Nicky grabbed my arm. Just his simple touch gave me goose bumps.  “Yeah wonderful” I said sarcastically. I didn’t hate Ryder but the fact that he liked Nicky made my situation difficult. I turned just in time to see Nicky’s death glare, and Ryder’s hurt expression.  This is not going to be easy.

 “Sorry Ryder, I didn’t mean that, I’m just having a bad night.” I tried to sound sincere I don’t know how well it worked. “That’s alright Bradley” he said still a little sad. Okay maybe a little more effort, “So Ryder, are you coming to my party tomorrow night?” this earned me a smile from both of them. YES! “Only if I am invited.” He looked away shyly. “Of course you’re invited. You’re a friend of my best friend’s maybe we should get to know each other. We are all going to the same high school.” His arms wrapped around me tightly hugging me. I chuckled he pulled away “thank you I’m going to go to my friends now. See ya tomorrow night!!” he skipped off to his friends.

           “Thank you, I think you just made his night.” another pair of arms wrapped around me, these ones a lot stronger than Ryder’s. I melted into the embrace I wish I could stay like this forever.

     Unfortunately the ceremony started and Nicky pulled away. We walked into the decorated gym all the family sat in the bleachers. Fold out chairs were lined up in rows for the graduating students to sit in. speaker after speaker went on stage talking about who knows what. I elbowed Nicky a few times as he fell asleep.

       “This is sooo boring” he whispered resting his head on my shoulder. “Want to come over after dinner with our parents?” our eyes met at that moment I wanted so badly to lean down and kiss him but I couldn’t, not in front of everyone. Maybe I will tell him how I feel when we are alone at camp. Yes that is what I’ll do. It’s perfect. When every last student was called the principle stood up ending the ceremony with another boring speech everyone was getting stir crazy. Finally it was over! Everyone cheered and somehow in the craziness of finding my parents I lost Nicky.

      “Congrats baby bro!” Collin threw his arm around my shoulder. “Thanks older bro” we smiled. “Hey ma can I leave now?” Collin shouted over the crowd. Nicky’s parents stood next to mine “Brad congratulations. Uh what happened to Nick?” everyone looked around. “You can leave as soon as Nicolas is found.” Our mom said Collin rolled his eyes crossing his arms across his chest. “I’ll be right back then.” Collin disappeared through the crowd. The parents talked back and forth catching up I waited patiently scanning the crowd for the slightest sign of Nicky.  I spotted Collin walking back pulling Nicky through the crowd. Good brother bring him to me.

-------------------------------------------

vote- comment- fan and things will get better,