Chapter 05

When I woke up it was already light and all three women in my current world were sitting outside. I rubbed the gunk out of my eyes and swayed outside, tired from the restless sleep.

'Morning..' I yawned.

'Well, you sound awake.' Tashee said and giggled.

'I feel like I haven't slept at all..' I muttered.

'But one part very awake now.' giggled Naylee.

I tried to clear my mind and looked puzzled at her.

'He always like that in morning?' she asked Wendy, who barked to affirm it.

I looked at Tashee, who held back a laugh as she pointed at my feet. I looked down at them and saw their view was blocked by the tent in my shorts.

'Oh crap!' I said and hurried down to the beach followed by laughs and barks. 'I'm just going for a morning run!'

By the time I had returned I was back to a more decent appearance. I even brought some fruit with me. Of course they smirked when they saw me.

'Even you?' I asked Wendy as I could just see it on her canine face, then sat down to eat the rest of the fruit Naylee had peeled for me the night before. 'I think I liked it better when I was hated..'

Tashee moved closer and leaned against me. 'Your fault for spoiling us.'

I noticed neither her nor Naylee were wearing their usual military outfit, and only the bras and shorts.

She saw my eyes glance quickly at her and Naylee's curves. 'You sure you like it better when we hate you?' she whispered in my ear and I cursed my second head trying to do the thinking for me.

I dropped my forehead on the low table. '..no..' I said meekly, experiencing the biggest defeat in my life, and it wasn't even in combat.

The mood had really turned around from before and Tashee and Naylee had really warmed up to me. I guess when they were able to let it all out it lifted a big burden off their shoulders. I wasn't used to getting flirted with and tried not to think of it as too serious. I didn't know if they could really get into me, but it was sometimes damned hard to restrain myself when I felt their soft tails moving against the back of my legs as we stood side by side, or along my lower back when we sat. At least Wendy joined me when I went to sleep and ensured I slept peacefully again.

***

Things stayed quiet for some days again and I was hard at work with fishing. Okay, maybe just holding the pole while a thread with bait and hook hung in the water. I had caught four fish so far and was ahead of the daily quota but I wanted one more since the others looked smaller than usual. I scooted over to make room for Naylee when she joined me and leaned against me. One more similarity with house cats when they like you. I wondered if I was saddled with two oversized cats who would be just as bad as normal cats.

I discarded the thought and enjoyed the sun and breeze together with her.

'What's that?' she said, squinting her eyes and looking into the distance.

I followed her gaze but didn't see anything.

'I see faint spot moving up and down.'

'Too far for me to see.' I said. 'Maybe a bird?'

'Looks erratic.' she said, then got up. 'Hang on.'

I heard her rummage through the bag with supplies they had salvaged from their craft before it crashed on the island. She came back with a small pair of binoculars and peered at the horizon.