I Put A Spell On You

Chapter 5: I Put A Spell On You

We invaded a restaurant and I had to suppress the outbursts of laughter that threatened to escape me at the terrified expressions of the waiters and waitresses that came to serve us. The usual level of insecurity these men added to the room around them seemed to increase ten-fold.

I snickered to myself, as yet another overtly nervous waiter left the table after hesitantly asking us if everything was alright, and looked across the table at Twiggy. “So, I’m not allowed to know anything about where we’re going at all?”

“Nope.” Twiggy grinned wickedly. “Orders from above.”

I glanced sideways at Marilyn who was clearly avoiding looking me in the eye and smirked. “I see…” I turned to look at Marilyn fully and pouted. “Can’t I even have a teeny tiny hint? Please?”

Marilyn regarded me quietly, a teasing smile tripping across his features, his gaze travelling up and down my figure, silently undressing me with his eyes, still refusing to answer.

“Aww, look at that face! That’s adorable!” Johnny exclaimed and leant across the table to hold my chin in his hand. “How could you say no to that face? Hmm?”

“Who said I was going to?” Marilyn replied, his eyes flicking to Twiggy as I swatted Johnny’s hand away from my face. Marilyn looked back to me and smirked. “Think… film.”

‘Film?’ I asked myself, frowning in confusion, attempting to think of any film festivals or galas I’d recently heard about. There was the London Black and White Gala and The Stars Short Film Festival, but they weren’t for another four months and there weren’t any others I knew about in the foreseeable future.

I knew they were all looking at me expectantly, waiting for me to start trying to guess our final destination for the evening, but I kept staring into the middle distance frowning in confusion.

I was vaguely aware of leaving the restaurant and getting into a slick, black car with Marilyn, the leather seats cool against the exposed skin of my back and legs. But it wasn’t until I heard Johnny’s frustrated voice that I snapped out of my stupor.

“Oh, for fuck’s sake!” my gaze snapped towards him and his profanity. “Tell her, Brian. Tell her, or I will.”

“What’s wrong with being surprised?” I asked before I could stop myself and immediately looked down at my hands.

“Really?” Johnny asked, clearly befuddled. “You’re fine with this? You’re fine with us dressing and, pretty much, kidnapping you?”

“Not like I could overpower you all… one on one, sure… but all at once, not a chance in hell.” I paused. “Sorry… babbling.”

Marilyn put an arm around my shoulders, pulled me against his side and chuckled.

“It’s kinda adorable.”

I hid my face in my hands as Johnny spoke again. “Seriously… you think you could take me.”

I looked up at Johnny and grinned evilly. “You bet your ten dollar arse I could take you.” My brave comment was met with jeering and taunting intended to incite some form of physical confrontation between Johnny and me, but I held up my hands in defeat. “But not right now… not whilst in in this dress.”

“Coward.” Marilyn’s smug voice murmured into my ear.

I turned my evil smile towards him. “Really? You want a go? I’ll take you on Manson! Any time you choose…except right now,” I gestured to my current attire. “Dresses and wrestling don’t exactly meld together well.”

“He’ll hold you to that, you do realise?” Twiggy smirked, his eyes holding mischief…but also concern.

“I expected no less of him than a short power struggle, followed by some naked wrestling!” I grinned back just as Marilyn clapped his hand over my eyes, obscuring my view. “Hey! What gives?!”

“You think I want this surprise ruined?” he chuckled softly, his breath tickling my ear.

“But-”

“But nothing.” He cut me off, his voice full of authority. “You will see it when we get there.”

“Which is?” I asked as I felt the car turn a particularly sharp corner and heard the sound of loud voices…getting ever closer.

Marilyn removed his hands from my eyes, sliding his hands down to my shoulders, and I blinked several times to readjust my sight as he murmured. “Now.”

I knew I looked like an idiot, staring out the window dumbfounded at what his surprise was. We were arriving at The Headbangers Ball which I knew was going to be aired on MTV2… live!

“Okay, now the hint makes sense… film.” I said sarcastically. “Music videos would have been more appropriate…and helpful.”

“True.” Marilyn smirked. “You’re my date.” He took my hand and helped me from the car and into the sea of press and paparazzi that awaited us. He leant down and murmured gleefully into my ear as he lead me forward, “Let the rumours begin!”

And I couldn’t help it. I laughed, out loud, affectionately and playfully slapping his arm before taking his hand in mine, and replying, “Let’s really give them something to write then!”

Marilyn pulled me close and kissed me gently. I think about a million cameras went off in that moment. He smiled down at me tenderly as he pulled back. “That’s my girl…”

____________________________________________

Hello my lovelies!!! So glad to see your comments and votes! Really inspiring!
I may upload another chapter tonight! love to you all!!
Shan~Leigh