Chapter 2: Similar

I hear pounding footsteps behind me, and I bite my lip. I know all the secrets here. They don't. Which is good, I guess. "SETO! What are you doing?!" I hear my teacher scream, and I bite my lip as I turn a sharp corner.

My room is here.

I hold my room key in my hand, which is all sweaty. Ew. Ignoring that, I quickly push open my door and slam the door shut. I lock it quickly. I hear everyone beginning to pound on the door, and breathe in relief for a moment.

I look around, sucking in my breath as I notice on how nothing at all has changed. All of my books are still there, a fine layer of dust covering them.

I sit on my bed, staring around slightly. I miss them all, to be honest. I know that sounds crazy, but honestly, I had loved this school.

Or rather, I loved learning. The magic was great here, but I had to stop when I transferred. I guess that's why the building is still standing. The magic is still protecting it. I wonder when the spell is going to ware off though.

((Whelp there go my hopes in that this would be a book that I wrote where Seto wasn't magic))

"Seto, open the door. NOW." My teacher snaps, and I sigh. I grab my old books and unlock the door, calmly walking out. My teacher glares at me. "What are you doing?! You just stole someone's books!" Now it's my turn to glare at him.

"Who would care? Nobody has stepped foot here for 3 years." I scoff, not wanting to reveal that I had gone to this school. Not wanting to speak more, I turn on my heel and make my way through the halls, headed towards the front door. I can hear everyone following me, probably since they don't know where they're going.

"So, let's go." I begin to speed-walk away, and I hear a crash. Confused, I look behind to see everyone in a pile behind me. "What the heck mate, you just broke into a run and what?" Someone asked, as I sighed. "Not my fault, mate." I mimicked.

With that, I turned away and continued to walk off. I heard them scrambling after me, like that saying, what was it? Like a heard of lost puppies? Is that it?

I shake my head and continue to walk forward, but not before noticing a blur of dark blue run down towards the library. I blink in surprise, before shaking my head. It's probably nothing, anyway.

((goddammit Seto))

As I continue to lead everyone out the door, I can't help but feel nervous. I mean, well, of course I'd be nervous. The chances of everyone dying like my old class is pretty high. I remember searching the entire school, to see absolutely zero trace of anybody or person.

The front doors of the school come into view, and I calmly walked out. To only hear a scream. I snapped my head towards the voice, to only see everyone rushing to the giftstore at the right. I honestly don't know why, but my school had a store connected to it, sort of like a university.

"What's going on?" I'm not really sure on how to act. Scared? Surprised? I'm definitely confused, though. Sighing, I finally make my way towards everyone. They're helping themselves to the merchandise.

"Seto! I saved you something, since almost everything's gone." Ty, my friend, hands me a pencil. My stomach churns. I remember that Brice would use these pencils everyday, refusing to use anything but these.

I remember all of them. I note how everything in here; has something that someone that I used to know was physically of emotionally attached to. Like I see Ashley wearing Alesa's favourite brand of bracelets.

And Quentin wearing a hat that Ian loved.

Oh my goodness, this is so weird, seeing your current classmates wear things that your dead classmates had loved.

I see Jason wearing a little star broach, and blink as I see, who is that? Whatever it was, it disappeared not even seconds later. I set down the pencil, quietly following everyone as their toured out of the store.

Even the bell to store was all rusty, and only a dull clang sounded. I remember when it was a soft twinkle, but I guess that since it hasn't been used in such a long time, it just let out of loose.

"Ok everyone. We'll be separating into different dorms for sleeping."

I cringe. If I don't get put into my own room, would that be considered like, snooping? But still, they should know my favouritism to that room and let me go there. Otherwise I'll blast their pointed little heads off like dynamite- was that to far?

I wouldn't think so.

"And Seto, you'll go in room 164." Wow, I'm not even joking. My luck must be unreal, to get my own room. This must be all cliche, mustn't it? Like you know, the protagonist always has massive luck and gets everything they want. But haha, the author or whatever has bound to be stupid and messed in the head to make me the protagonist.

Not like I'm not at all flattered if I was.

Back on track.

I watch as everyone goes to their room, and I nearly have a heart attack once I realize that Jason's room is right beside mine. Well, his room is technically Brice's room.

As I walk back into my room, I carelessly throw my bag onto the bed. I close my eyes, before carefully reopening them. Suddenly, my eyes widen in surprise.

The chances of being killed is huge.

And if we die, it'll be all my fault.

What have I done?

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock at the door, and that's only when I realize that I'd been peddling myself on my bed for ten minutes.

"Oi, Seto? Everyone's worried, you've been there for god knows how long. We're about to go for the trip to the museum, and you're sort of needed, heheh..." My heart drops as I hear Jason at the door.

Yep.

We're all in danger.

But I will do anything to put them all to safety.

Even if it means risking my life.