☀Chapter 2☀

I could feel the sun shining through my tiny window. I pulled my duvet over my head to block the light. But it was too late, the sun has made me feel wide awake. I pushed the duvet off my head and grabbed my phone, checking the time. 6:58am. Ugh, realising what day it was I hopped out of bed and pulled my drawer open. I rummaged through it until I came across Nirvana tank top, plaid shirt and short denim shorts. I stripped out of my pyjamas and wore my selection.

I grabbed my school bag, stuffing my books in without care. I checked the time; 710am. I had all the time in the world. I checked if I had any homework that I hadn't done but everything was up to date. I opened my laptop and looked at all the tv shows i'm watching. I went through them all until I saw that The Walking Dead had a new episode. Clicking on the new episode, I waited for it to load. Suprisingly it loaded pretty fast, I clicked play and watched.

***

The end credits started to play, so I closed the tab I was on and grabbed my bag and headed out. I saw my dad was up and watching the news, so to not get on his bad side I silently closed the house door behind me. I felt the warm-nearly summer air hit my face. I rolled up my sleeves on my shirt and started walking my path. I said hello to Mrs. Jenkins, an elderly lady who lives next door. She was the best, when I was younger she used to call me over and talked about how the days haven't really changed from when she was my age. She was probably the first person I heard who didn't say the "When I was your age, I never had that iPhone bullcrap". That is one of the reasons why I love her.

On my way I passed a few freshman's with their friends talking about what they watched on YouTube or what they saw on Tumblr. I remember my first year in highschool.

*Flashback*

I walked through the two metal doors, letting them screech behind me. I watched as older and more buff people bumped into my yelling things like "Hey get out of the way!" or "Watch where you're going loser".

"Don't let them get to you," said a voice from behind me. I turned and saw a red headed girl with the biggest smile you could think of. Okay, not that big. "I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Ellie for short."

"Nice to meet you, Elizabeth. I'm Allison."

Elizabeth showed me around the school, showed me to her locker and went and found out which one was my locker. It wasn't really far from hers to be honest. 

"Allison, can you promise me something?"

I nodded my head.

"Could you be my best friend no matter what?" 

I nodded again.

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise," I said connecting our pinky's together.

** End of flashback**

I entered the school gates, walking past the A building all the way up until C. I went inside to see freshman's, Sophmore's and even Senior's chatting away. Then from the corner of my eye I saw a little girl point at me to her friend, and I could just make out what they were saying. 

"You see that girl over there?"

"Which one?"

"The one with black hair."

"Oh, yeah."

"Apperently her boyfriend cheated on her," the girl said trying to hold in a laugh.

"Really why?"

"Look at that, I don't blame him."

I turned to the girls, my glare burning into them. "Excuse me, but don't you have anything better to do than talk about me?"

The girl looked at me as if I was talking Chinese. "Umm, excuse me but don't you have anything better to do than talk about me," the girl mimicked. Ignroing her I went to my locker entering the digits in. 

"Boo"

I looked behind me to see none other than Miss. Elizabeth Gunn. "Hey Ellie"

"What have you got first period?"

"English, Mr. Hoove.  You?" I answered.

"Music, Miss. Anna," she said.

"Ha! Good luck."

"Ohh shh."

The bell rang to tell us to go to our classes. I stuffed the nonneeded books in and grabbed my English. I ran to class and opened the door and saw people were already taking their seats. I sat in the far right. Dropping my books onto the table I took out the needed stationary and opened the books to the correct page.

As the minutes ticked by my mind started to wonder to another place. A safe place, free from the troubles of high school. How would it feel like to be done with school, travel the world, find a cure for something or maybe even just stay at home and read a good book. See the only books I read these days are the second-hand books that the school gives you. Can barely make out words, some pages aren't even there.

I was snapped out of my trance by the bell, just before I was about to leave Mr. Hoove stopped everyone by annoucing our homework. Fun. "Page 394 questions 1-25 must be completed by next week."

Everyone groaned as they headed out for their other periods. I saw some posters being hanged around. PROM AUGUST 9TH BE THERE! it wrote. Oh great these things again. Porm is like in 4 months they should calm down. I was greeted at my Math class by none other than Harry Styles. You see Harry Styles was my boyfriend. WAS. That was until I saw him on top of some other girl, I was there because of a text  'he' sent. No the text wasn't from him, it was from one of the many girls he has slept with. I guess she did that to get rid of me, but anyways back to the story, I ran out all tear-y eyed and never spoke to him again, changed my number, ignored his texts and even ignored him in the hallways, but from this day on people think i'm some slut who he cheated on because I cheated on him. Lies.

"Hey Allison," Harry said smiling. I ignored him, while he was getting mobbed by some desperate girls, and took my seat as far away as I could sit. I did my usual take out the books, stationary, daydream about the perfect life, maybe listen if I wasn't in the mood.

---------------------

I rummaged through my bag to find my house keys and steadily put my key in, as usual my dad was watching something on the news, same old same old. "Go do your homework and cook dinner," he demanded. My dad isn't abusive but he is mad all the time, I'm guessing it was because my mum might've died while giving birth to me. As that is what my aunty says. Who also died from a car crash 12 months ago. My mum's side is slowly falling apart while my dads side is having more and more family members. So weak, strong. 

I climbed the steps to my room and shut the door, I dropped my bag and I was just going to sit down when my phone started ringing. BRING BRING. I saw the caller ID was Ray Sevani. "Hey Ray," I answered in a cherry voice. 

"Hey Alli," he answered back.

"Soooo, can I ask you something?"

Thinking it wasn't good, I answered my voice a bit shaky. "Y-yeah?"

"No, no, no, its nothing bad you can calm down." This made a little calmer and I let out a breath. "So, my dad brought this big camping tent thingy, and I could take a friend. I was wondering if that friend could be you?"

"Oh.. When are we going?"

"I dunno, I still gotta plan that out."

"Oh well then, I will come but I will have to ask my dad."

"Oh," his voice dropped here, he knew how strict my dad was, but he would let if I got all A's and B's on my tests this week.

"I'll negotiate with him," I said.

"Ok, well bye."

"Bye," then we killed both the lines.

I dragged my bag towards my desk and sat on my office chair. I unzipped my bag, and took out the needed books and started cramming my head.