Chapter 2

After all the drama this morning, chapter 2 is up. Finally.

•• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• ••

• Amber's POV •

Shit! Run Amber run! My feet pounded the ground as I sped away from the pack house. And my mate. Why? Why does he have to be an Alpha? He's gonna be possessive and I'll probably have to be next to him every single second. I won't be able to shift without putting myself at risk. I'll lose my title of pack warrior. I highly doubt he'll let me challenge his warrior. I won't be able to sneak out and meet my parents.

I've got to run away. Today.

I spun on my heel and shot back in the direction of the pack house. I jumped the 10ft to the balcony of my proper room, quickly opening the glass doors.

I ran into the wardrobe grabbing my 50litre hiking rucksack and grabbed the small amount of clothes I keep here. Most of my clothes are in Cam's room. I didn't have time to get them, plus I'll probably get caught. Putting my converse and combat boots underneath the clothes. I grabbed the essential toiletries and bunged them on top of the clothes in my bag. I snatched up my phone and it's charger shoving them in the front pocket keeping them safe and easily accessible. I put the bag on the floor by the balcony doors and ran back over to my bed. I shunted it over as quietly as possible and lifted up the loose floorboard.

I gently lifted out the battered box containing the few snippets of my life before I came to this pack. I opened it taking out the old battered picture of my parents and I from when I was a few months old. I looked down tears filling my eyes but I blinked them back. I took out another photograph, this time of all the elemental pack before we were attacked. I could name each and every person standing there. I don't even know how many or who is left now. I've only been able to meet my parents, in secret, and they don't tell me much just that the packs alright. It's been 12 years since I've seen my best friends. I don't even now if they're still alive. I ask but get no answer. Lastly I took out the silver amulet bearing the air symbol. It's okay for elementals to touch silver because we have some of Aether's blood. Aether is the god of the elements and we were created by him and the Great Luna. It's a handy gift we have that can trick other wolves.

I put them back in the box placing it carefully, wrapped in a large cloth, into the bag. I zipped the rucksack up and pulled the straps over my shoulders. I walked through the door, completely forgetting to shut it, and jumped off the balcony I took off into the woods.

•• •• •• •• ••

An hour had passed and I was almost at the border. Almost free. I halted abruptly when I heard a loud snap. I turned around sharply but saw nothing. I deep growl came from behind. My body froze momentarily. I regained my senses and started to turn, but before I could, I felt arms around my waist pulling me into a hard, muscular chest. From the sparks I could tell who it was.

• Alpha Carter's POV •

My mate just jumped out a f***ing window and this Cameron's saying it's normal? What the blazes is going on?

"Don't worry Dylan, she'll be back in you arms before you know it. Amber's just a tad shocked." Jace laughed.

"Yeah? Cos she was totally about to jump on me." I hissed, sarcasm dripping off each word.

•• •• •• •• ••

We were just finishing the meeting when I could smell Amber's scent faintly. I bolted out the door as fast as possible determined not to let her slip away this time. I followed the smell all the way to the other side of the house and bursted through the door. Dammit! She'd slipped away again. The balcony door banged close after a powerful gist of wind passed. Her scent became stronger. I opened the door, jumped off the balcony and ran into the woods following her scent again her.

•• •• •• •• ••

I'd been running about hour when I could finally see her. I leaped into a nearby tree for cover. Not before my foot broke a small branch making a loud snap. I watched as Amber stopped and turned around. I shot out of the tree landing behind her, my wolf growled taking over, making my arms encircling her waist.

•• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• ••

AN - Yay! Finally was able to remember the chapter although it has a few alterations, for the better though.

Thanks to @WinterKohlbodean for commenting on the first version of this chapter before it was deleted. It's a real motivator.

And a big thank you to @Dark_Angel_Forgiven for saying she'll promote the story! I'll send you the the link as soon as I work out how to find it.

You'd think that being a computing student I'd know how to but I don't. I feel stupid :|

I LOVE ALL OF YOU! XXXXXXXX ❤️