Running in the Wind

Copyright © 2013 BeccaHalford

•• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• ••

"Amber get ya lazy fat arse outta bed bitch!"

Ahh lovely Cameron first thing in the morning. What'd he have to wake me up for?

"Shut your crummy mouth you filthy ass whore! Just because your my sleeping buddy it doesn't mean ya get ta insult me!" I yell.

Hold it! If your thinking me and Cam are bed buddies in the non-innocent way then your wrong. When I say sleeping buddy, sleeping is the operative word. I have this thing where I have to sleep in the same bed as someone or I start having panic attacks. I don't know why but ever since I first joined this pack when I was six I've had to have someone sleep next to me. It used to be Alpha Jace but since he found his mate, I can't anymore. Yeah Alisha and I are best friends but it's a bit weird sleeping with your best friends mate. She understands why I used to but now it's a no go area. So Beta Cameron said I could spend the nights with him.

"Watch your mouth Ambs, don't make get outta the shower!" He yelled back.

"Oooh watcha gonna do, drown me?" I taunted hauling the covers back over my head.

"Well if your still in that bed I know exactly what I'm going to do..." He growled turning off the shower.

"Holy shite!" I screamed jumping out of bed. I ran into the wardrobe and yanked some clothes on. "Pervert!" I cried running out of the door.

• Cameron's POV •

Hahaha works like a charm. Stupid Ambs, she knows she needs to get up for the meeting but she doesn't cos she's a lazy butt. Meaning I have to bring out ye old horny male charm. I don't think she knows I'm gay, actually I don't think anyone does. I've never told anyone. We'll they never asked so who cares, it's my secret till my mate shows up.

I walk into the wardrobe and grab some clean boxers, black skinny jeans and a white fitted tee, pulling them on as I walk back out.

'Cameron are you ready yet, the meeting starts in ten. Make sure Ambs gets here on time for once.' Jace called through the mind link.

'Okay, just getting leaving.' I sent back. I jogged out the door and down to Jace's office.

'Amber you need to be at Jace's office in five or he says your washing up for the whole pack for a week.' I order.

'You do know he can't hold me to that right? Neither your Beta or Jace's Alpha voice work on me!' I could visualise the smirk on her face.

'Dammit, how do you do that? If you haven't got your butt in a chair in 4 minutes then I will have to punish you. Your pack warrior, you have to be there. Now hurry up.' I sent as I walked into the Alpha's office.

• Amber's POV •

I knocked on Alpha's door and waited outside.

"Come in!" Alpha Jace replied. I opened the door and walked in.

"Cameron! Cameron! I think I might faint! Amber's three minutes early!" Jace pretended to collapse in his chair.

"Oh hardee-haa! Your soooo funny." I commented as I took my seat next to Cameron. "I had to be here on time or Cameron would've probably molestered me."

Jace shot Cameron a disapproving look.

"What have you been saying?"

"I only said if she didn't get out of bed I would come and get her." Cam whined.

"Man what the hell you perv!"

"What I'm a horny, unmated male. Can you blame me?"

"Ugh your gross!" I mumbled. "So anyway where's this jumped up Alpha then? Seriously, and you have a go at me for being late!"

"He's not jumped up, he's one of my closest friends. Don't be disrespectful." Jace grumbled.

"Yeah, your friend, not mine love." I replied shortly.

A loud knock on the door halted our argument. An exquisite smell coming from under the door; a smell of sweet cinnamon and wood. Oh please no. I don't want a mate.

"Come in!" Jace called out. The door opened revealing a 5ft 11 man with straight jet black hair and soft teal eyes immediately boring into mine.

"Mate." He growled.

I jumped up and dove for the nearest exit. Which just so happened to be the window. Shattered glass fell around me, slicing my hand in the process, as I reached the ground running straight for the woods.

• Alpha Carter's POV •

My wolf howled in joy as I looked into my mates ice blue eyes.

"Mate." I growled.

Like a bullet she shot up and dove out the window. I stared wide eyed after her. My gaze was pulled away by the beta.

"She does that."

•• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• ••

So that was the first chapter tell me what you think. Did you enjoy it? Should the next chapter be more detailed?

It would be great if you could ask fans and friends who like werewolves and have wattpad to read please!

Love you all xxx