Ch.3 An old enemy

Garrison stood there with shock as he stared at Zaydock.

"Did you miss me?" Zaydock growled.

"How are you-?" Garrison gasped but couldn't get the words out.

"How am I back?" Zaydock finished with a chuckle "Thank that crystal."

They looked at the Living Stone.

"I heard that the Living Stone has the power to bring someone back from the dead" Zaydock said "And it looks like it brought me back."

"But how?" Garrison asked.

"Don't know and don't care, but I'm back, and it feels good."

Zaydock then turned and saw Tess's body in the glass coffin.

"Well what do you know" he grinned as he went up to her.

"Get away from her" Garrison ordered with a stern look.

"I'm not gonna do anything to her" Zaydock said "She's dead, so what's there to do?"

"She's dead because of you" Garrison frowned.

"I figured that out, oh what a stupid girl, giving up all her power and causing herself to die."

"Don't talk about her like that" Garrison said as he felt his blood boil.

But at that point, lightning bolts started to fizz around him.

"Whoa what's going on?" Jack asked with his eyes widen.

Garrison tried to calm him, but like always a bolt shot out and into a piece of ice above Zaydock causing it to fall, but Zaydock used his powers to make the ice exploded to prevent it from falling on him.

"So you have Skyvolt's power now huh?" he said "And you don't know how to control it."

"You didn't tell me that" Jack said to Garrison.

"I was finding a good time to tell you" Garrison said.

"And because of that" Zaydock said with a sneaky look "It'll be easy to take care of you. But before I do that, the crystal please."

"Why do you want the crystal?" Garrison asked.

"I know you're gonna use it to bring back Skyvolt, and I wont let that happen, now hand it over."

At that point, Jack used his power to make chunks of ice fall in front of Zaydock.

"Come on!" he said as he and Garrison ran out of the cave.

After they were gone, the ice stopped falling as Zaydock saw that they were gone.

"I will find you Garrison!" he yelled.

Now back at the clock tower, Jack examined the crystal as Garrison thought about Zaydock.

"I just can't believe how he got back" he said still with shock "I mean I know it was the crystal that brought him back, but how?"

"Looks like I got your answer" Jack said as he looked at his iPad "It says here that in order for the Living Stone to work, it must need an electrical power that it aimed at the person."

"An electrical power?" Garrison said with his eyes widen.

"You have Skyvolt's electric power now right?"

"Yeah" he said with his eyes still widen.

"What's wrong?"

"I just remembered that last night when I was visiting Tess in the ice caves, I accidentally shot out some lightning bolts around the caves, and I think one of them hit the crystal and I never noticed."

"And that must of brought back Zaydock" Jack said with his eyes widen.

"Oh man" Garrison said with shock "This is all my fault."

"It's not your fault, you couldn't control your powers."

"But still, if it wasn't for me, Zaydock wouldn't be back."

"But if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't of found the crystal."

"Yeah, the crystal that Zaydock's after."

Jack gave a sigh.

"Garrison look" he said "If we're gonna take down Zaydock and bring back Tess, then we're gonna have to work together."

"How? You have an idea?"

"I do actually, the main thing we have to do is get rid of Zaydock first, that way he wont get in the way from bringing back Tess."

"So how do you get rid of him?"

"With our powers of course."

"But I can't control my powers, you saw what happened in the ice cave."

"That's why I'm going to help you, when I first got my powers I had trouble adjusting to them, but after I practiced, I got better, and I know you can too."

"How did you get your powers?"

"It's a long story which I don't have time to explain. But the point is, the sooner we get rid of Zaydock, the sooner we can bring back Tess."

"Alright then, so what do we do?"

"Well first we gotta get you in control of your powers, now do they just happen at random times or at a certain point?"

"Well they mainly happen whenever I get mad, and as soon as I try to calm myself, lightning bolts shoot out."

"Okay then, so the main thing to do is to control your anger, and if you need to use your powers, focus on it. Give it a try."

"Okay then."

So Garrison stood in the center as he held his hands in front of him towards each other as he tried to focus on controlling his powers. He closed his eyes as he focused as hard as he good as an electric ball started to appear in his hands. He continued to focus as he kept the ball still. But all of a sudden, he started to focus too hard as the ball started to move.

"Uh, Garrison" Jack said with his eyes widen.

Garrison opened his eyes and saw what was happening to the ball of electricity.

"Whoa!" he gasped as he tried to control it.

But the ball suddenly flew out of his hands and towards Jack who quickly ducked as the ball flew over his head and into the wall. Jack looked at the now steaming wall and back at Garrison who stood there with shock.

"Oh man" Jack sighed "This is going to be a lot harder than I thought."