Ch.2 A new guy

The next day, Garrison was walking up the stairs to the clock tower where he opened the door and went into the hideout, but when he went in, he was shocked to see a young man there looking at the partially destroyed bulletin board.

"Uh who are you and what are you doing here?" he asked as the guy turned around.

"Oh" he said "I'm Jack Owens, I'm a reporter who's trying to write a story about Skyvolt's death."

"Well I'm sorry" Garrison said "But no one is allowed up here."

"Are you Garrison Anders?"

"Yes...?" he said with a wondering look.

"So you must be Skyvolt's sidekick."

"How did you know that?"

"I know this is Skyvolt's hideout, and I know that no one is allowed up here, but when you came in, I figured that you must be Skyvolt's sidekick."

"Wait how did you know this is our hideout, no one is suppose to know that."

"Well I figured that Skyvolt would hide out where she got her powers, so I decided to come here to check out and I was right."

"Well you need to leave, I'm not answering any questions."

"Look, I know you're really stressed out Tess's death."

"How do you know her real name?"

"Because I used to go to school with her, she was in my history class before I graduated last year. I'm now in college trying to become a reporter, and when I heard about her death, I figured that this would be a great story to write about."

"But how do you know she's Skyvolt?"

"Well I may of seen her transform into Skyvolt before, and also I could tell she was Skyvolt cause of her face. But now that she's gone, I was wondering if I can ask you a few questions for my story."

Garrison gave a sigh "I'm sorry Jack, but I'm not interested, and I think you should leave."

"Okay look" Jack said "I know how much Tess meant to you, and I'm devastated too."

"Not as devastated as me" Garrison said sadly.

"You really love her huh?"

"I do."

"And would you do anything you get her back?"

Garrison's eyes widen "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that if you love her so much, what sit around mopping when you could be looking for a way to bring her back?"

"But, she's dead, you can't bring someone back from the dead, well unless you're Dr. Frankenstein."

"Well you may wanna rethink that" Jack said as he pulled out his iPad and showed Garrison a picture of a purple crystal.