Chapter Five: The Search (Part 1)

Hey you guys. I'm soo sorry it took me this long to update anything. You guys are the best so I though I'd upload something. What I had of this chapter disappeared some how so I had to rewrite it - which I'm still doing.

-Kaiyla

Ps. I want to thank all my fans for their support!

Pss. Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan!

Chapter Five: The Search (Part 1)

“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” –Proverbs 22:6

“The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.” –Proverbs 16:4

Tyler’s P.O.V.

Monday morning came a bit quicker than Tyler wanted, his parents had told him that this would be the day he started school. Since he got a truck last year for his 16th birthday present his parents wouldn’t have to drop him off nor would he have to catch a bus.

            His truck wouldn’t be called fancy or anything to anyone, but it’s what he wanted. He didn’t need something fancy to drive, as long as it ran and had a stereo it was perfect to him.

            The truck it’s self was a light dinner blue, with a bit of the paint fading away around the tires. The bed was the normal size and the cab held three people if need be. He would tell himself one day he’d have his girl on the one side wearing his diamond ring and an old dog on the other, and they would just drive into the sunset someday. Starting a family of their own and living happily ever after…

            Tyler shook his head, now wasn’t the time to think like that, he was still young after all. Only seventeen, though his momma would cry every time he’d pass a grade knowing one day her baby would be going off to college as a young man. While his dad would hold her tight rubbing her back saying everything would be alright, that he’d come to visit, and that she wasn’t losing him.

            He sighed, thinking of that day, he’d miss his parents but that’d be the day he’d start his own story.

Finding the school was no problem being that it was the only high school within twenty or so miles. That and the town wasn’t that complex. The only name place he knew was up about ten or so miles close to the Pennsylvania turnpike. Those places consisted of: Wall-Mart, Giant, Sheetz, Starbucks, and Ruby Tuesdays. The rest of the shops and all were defiantly family run. Like the café his mom began to work at once they moved into town.

            All he had to do was follow the road down and turn whenever he saw school signs.

            Once he came to the last turn that lead him into the schools parking lot he parked back by the pine trees and wood fence. Grabbing his back pack from the truck bed he walked to the front of the school building. It sure isn’t big, he thought as he opened the doors, which lead him to a wide open and vivid hallway. There was a large football banner hanging across the hall, a painting of the town on one side of the wall, and large cougar footprints on the floor. His only thought was wow, and here he thought this place was going to be simple.

            The hallways continued to surprise him as he followed the cougar footprints with how vibrant they were. He figured the art students must do this, being that everywhere he looked their seemed to be a picture of something. Along his way of following the prints he stumbled across the office, but the cougar prints continued on. With a promise he told himself he’d find out where they lead after he got his schedule.

            When Tyler opened the door he realized about the only thing that looked somewhat bare was the office. There were two desks on each side, along the entry were sitting couches and a rack of magazines that looked to be years old. Across the back side of the wall seemed to lead to other offices like the principles and lastly on one wall was a huge cougar and cougar print.

            “Hello!” A high cheerful voice said, making him jump in his own skin surprised. When he looked back over at the desks, there was an older woman with faded red hair dressed in a school t-shirt saying “GO COUGARS!” She laughed, “Did I catch you by surprise?”

            Tyler simply nodded, “That you did Ms. Hum…?”

            “Please Mrs. Williams, so what can I do for you?” She asked with a frivolous smile. Stepping back over to her desk and taking a seat in front of her computer screen.

            “Well, I’m new here so…” He didn’t even have time to finish before she finished his sentence.

            “Well there, that must mean your Tyler Harris? The new doctor’s boy. And I suppose you’re here for your schedule, right?” She asked shuffling threw some papers on her desk.

            He just nodded.

            “Well were happy to have you here, here is your schedule. And here is the slip I need you to bring back to me by the end of the day with all your teachers signatures.” Her voice seemed bored with the subject remained light throughout her tiny speech. “Let me know if you need help.”

            Tyler smiled, “Will do, thank you.” And left the small office.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks that's all I've got so far. And just for a heads up this chapter will go back and forth between Tyler and Arabella.

Vote! Vote! Vote! Vote! Vote! Comment! Comment! Comment! Comment! Fan! Fan! Fan! Fan! Fan!