Chapter 5

You guys lovin' yourselves Dulcie's personality? :) Well... here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 5~

*Dulcie's PoV*

"Finally, a distraction!" Mr. Psycho huffed in a totally-over-exaggerated manner. I jutted out a hip defiantly and crossed my arms in a scowl.

Jerk. Jerky jerkwad of jerkville, can't even be man enough to stand up in an argument.

"He is on his way," Mr. Scar said huskily. I frowned at his jaded words. What did he mean? Who was 'he'? And how many vampire guys were there?!

My face must've been scrunched as a result of my undeniably transparent thoughts, as Redhead took pity and slipped over to me to offer an explanation. "Kierlan's brother is returning from a very important... Meeting. We know not the result yet, which always puts Boss in a rather foul mood."

I snorted. "Seems to me he isn't capable of having any other mood."

Redhead eyed me shrewdly, a weirdly secretive smile splaying on his lips. "Just wait and you'll see how wrong your words are."

"I'd rather not," I mumbled quietly to myself. Of course, when one is standing next to a vampire, albeit trying very hard not to be heard, the vampire will always hear what is said. Redhead shrugged in a 'what-can-I-do' type of manner before our attention was directed to Mr. Psycho, who had taken up pacing about the length of the study furiously.

"Once he arrives, how am I to explain our current probl-... Situation?" he asked aloud, avoiding my glare.

Chicken! I'm only a mere human, my inner voice mocked.

"Like I have said before," Redhead spoke through tightly clenched teeth. I could sense he was about to blow a fuse. "You should have stuck to the original plan. None of this-" he gestured to me, "would have happened and we would all be in a better boat by now."

Um, ouch. Way to make a captive feel like a captive. Wait a second....

"What was the previous plan?" I blurted. Three sets of different colored eyes swung toward mine. My resolve to not be intimidated crumbled more each second the brown, rainbow, and emerald orbs scrutinized me. Once they decided the tense silence was okay to break, Mr. Psycho confessed in a gush.

"Originally, you were not meant to be here," he said slowly.

"Yeah, I got that. Thanks, Sherlock," I snapped. He glared at me but I just stuck my nose in the air. Yes, my feelings were a bit hurt by how callous they were being about my presence. I mean, it's not like being held against my will by vampires was my choice! Still, it's totally not what spurred on my sudden testiness.

"The plan was Dagger and Dastan would wait for me in the automobile on call as backup whilst I raided your house for valuable, priceless items. We would then use the money that they got us for paying off debts and buying new necessities, properties, et cetera.

It was all planned out; but we were foolish enough to believe our plan would be performed without a hitch. Instead of raiding an empty house, I found you," Mr. Psycho drawled, his eyes piercing mine.

I frowned. "Okay, and?"

Redhead gaped. "He tells you he was going to steal tons of invaluable items and you don't care? Humans are possessive, materialistic creatures! They do not like having things taken from them!"

I fixated Redhead with a blank look. Explaining my thoughts on my life situation would fall on deaf ears. Ignore, I decided. "Anyway, continue," I prodded Mr. Psycho.

"Bumping into you, innocent and without a care in the world, it was a perfect opportunity. I seized it. Now you're here, and, despite the slight inconvenience at your being here," I rolled my eyes at this. He just had to poke the angry bear, didn't he? "-we will all have what we want at the end." He directed a radiant smile at me.

My brow crinkled in puzzlement. "All of us? What exactly is your current plan?" Mr. Psycho sighed as if I were being deliberately obtuse. In my defense, I wasn't a mind reader, so how am I supposed to know his intentions?

Stupid vampire.

"We are going to hold you for ransom. Your precious, multi-billionaire family will be overtaken with grief upon realizing your abduction. We will mail them an anonymous letter stating that we will hand you over for a certain sum. They will have no choice but to do as I ask, or else," he said darkly. "Once the transaction is complete, life resumes as is normal."

I sank onto the couch, dumbfounded. "You mean... All you're truly after is money?"

He looked at me as if I were mentally handicapped. "Quite frankly... Yes."

I exploded. "YOU BLEEPING IDIOT! Do you even have a BLEEPING BRAIN?! INSTEAD OF ABDUCTING ME, YOU COULD'VE JUST AIMED THAT STUPID GUN OF YOURS AT MY BLEEPING HEAD AND I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU ACCESS TO MY ENORMOUS BANK ACCOUNT! BUT NOOOO. YOU JUST HAD TO BLEEPING PULL OUT THE BLEEPING 'YOU'RE-ABOUT-TO-DIE' BLEEP DIDN'T YOU? UGH, VAMPIRES!" I screamed, efficiently adding onto my righteous fit by yanking my hair.

The boys exchanged looks. Two glares were directed at a certain someone, who gazed back unflinchingly. He watched me with a twisted smirk.

"Oh well, what's done is done," Redhead - the one called Dastan- sighed.

"Bank account, you say?" Mr. Psycho - Kierlan- asked curiously.

I scowled murderously. "Shut. Up."

He arched his eyebrows, prepared to retort huffily, but I broke out in hysterical tears. Darn waterworks! They all looked stunned, openly staring at me as I sobbed into my hands.

Why was this happening? Why did I have to be at the wrong place at the wrong time? Why was that 'wrong place' my house? Aren't you supposed to feel safe in your own home? Especially if you're like me and live in a completely duped up modern mansion with practically maximum security?

"Give it a rest, Kierlan," Mr. Scar- Dagger- said firmly when Kierlan opened his mouth. Annoyed, Mr. Psycho shot his buddy a look.

"Calm down, Dagger. I was merely going to ask Dastan to do his thing."

What would my family think when they found out I was gone? When they saw that I was taken by force? Would they call my brother? Would he come home? Would my parents care? Would they... Would they actually pay the ransom?

I stood in a horrified daze, my chest rising and falling rapidly in hyperventilation, blankly staring at a bookcase as these thoughts chewed and gnawed at my inner insecurities. I didn't have any of these answers.

Redhead popped into my vision all of the sudden, trying to corral me into his arms, and I didn't think. I acted.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I shrieked. He gave me a bizarre look to let me know he clearly thought I was an emotional yo-yo. He used his vampire powers to grab me, and I wildly beat at his chest, crying.

"Don't touch me! I just want to go home. Please, just let me go home. Whatever amount of money you want, it's yours. It's all yours, just take it. I don't want it anymore!" I wept bitterly and thrashed against him until I couldn't stand. I sagged in his arms, not bothering to resist when his mouth met mine for the second time, sending me to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

*This was entirely written and typed out on my iPod Touch, so please do not complain I it's short! A measly upload is better than no upload, yes?