prologue

When she regained her consciousness, she tried to view the surroundings around her. The dark room emitted hardly any light. The windows were non-existent and the only door appeared to be locked. If you were to look around in this cellar at first glance you would probably think it to be within an abandoned house.

She knew that she wasn't alone here.

Her senses were hazy; she found it hard to sit herself up. After a few failed attempts, she was able to lift herself up off the ground. She had her hands bounded together by some rope and there was a piece of white cloth covering her mouth. Her clothes had been torn; her white shirt had a tear along the bottom of it. Her black, skinny jeans were also ripped. When the men found her she lost her left shoe, looking down at her feet she noticed that the right one was now missing. They must have taken it off of her. There was some blood oozing out from her shirt where they had cut her, and could also feel some dry blood on her forehead.

She began to try and wake herself up slightly and decided to search around the darkened room. There was a chair leant against one of the walls, along with a puddle of water situated in the corner next to it. There was a single candle lit in a small holder next to the seat. She wiggled her toes as she walked which was something she did when she was in deep thought.

How could she let them take her? She was foolish not to listen to him. He warned her about them. She was an imbecile and disregarded the warning signs. Now she was stuck here in a place that she assumed to be their hangout. The gang rivalry had gotten too out of hand and she had found herself in the middle of the crossfire.

She needed him to save her. But she couldn't even scream for help. She looked up towards the staircase on the other side of the room. She decided to see whether or not the door would open, it looked like it was locked from the other side, but there was no harm in attempting to open it. She slowly made her way towards it and reached for the handle. Her bounded hands were proving to be problematic. She stretched her fingers slightly to hook around the door handle. Twisting the handle, it made a clicking sound but didn't open.

There was then footsteps heard from above the room. She tried to make her way back over to where she woke up, but she was too slow. Within a flash, the door swung open, causing her to gasp as she saw the man in front of her.

"You're finally awake." He chuckled as he made his way towards her, slamming the door behind him. He grabbed a hold of her and then took the chair and placed it in the middle of the room. He then shoved her onto the chair and grabbed her face, making her look straight into his dark brown eyes. She squirmed under his touch and tried to scream at him to stop, only to be muffled by the cloth. "Silly, silly Amy." He stated as she then slapped her straight across the face with the back of his hand.

She whimpered as the pain hit her. She knew that she needed to get away now or else this was going to turn out badly. She tried to kick him which only resulted in him getting more rope and tying her to the chair. After he had done so, he began to stroke up and down her thigh, which only caused her to try and scream more. A few tears slipped from the eyes, escaping down the reddened cheeks. He tittered evilly at this.

"Oh, he won't be coming any time soon. He's a bit busy right now." He muttered as he then punched her in the face. The pain was indescribable; Amy had never been touched in this way before. She knew as soon as she got involved with the gangs that this may happen. The one person she trusted never wanted to put her in danger. Now she was faced with his biggest rival and he was laughing at her expense. She really needed to figure out a way out of here.

There was then a sound from behind her, causing the man to snap his head up and look at what was happening. The door opened and revealed another man. His blonde hair was a mess on top of his head and his outfit was of a white t-shirt, accompanied with some denim jeans. He looked at Amy straight in the eye before at the man. He noticed that she was pale and there was blood all over her. Her eyes seemed tired. The other man's face fell at the sight of the newcomer.

"Get the fuck away from her, right now." The blonde man stated as the other man just laughed and wiped his hands in his brown quiff.

"Oh, what is little Niall going to do?" He chuckled once more. Niall then wasted no time in punching the man in the face.

"You've done it now, Zayn." He said as the pair then began to beat each other senselessly.

Neither of them noticed that Amy was falling out of consciousness...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I'm Soph and this is my new fanfiction. It is my second story on Wattpad and I hope you've all enjoyed the prologue.

I insist that you read my other story too, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

This is a Dark Niall story - this is nothing like Dark in anyway though. This is my own narrative with my own ideas.

I hope you all enjoy! Remember to read, vote and comment xo