1.

Dear Athena,

Today I relasped.

It wasnt a great feeling; But my nurse came in my room and helped me. Im being put on more meds, I'm hoping to get out in a month so I can see your face.. I miss you. I cant wait to see you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. We have so much to catch up on, whats happening on American Horror Story? Hows your mom? I hope you have fun in Australia, you really deserve a break after all this bullshit.

Lots of love,

Demz.

I stop writing and set my pen down, and I look at my nurse and I address it and give it to the nurse.

Athena Gonalez

56899 Maple Street.

Los Angeles,California.

I write on the vanilla envelope. My nurse takes it and dumps it into the mail box.
"Time for lunch,Hun." She says, I nod, putting my black hair in a loose pony tail while walking to the lunchroom. Getting white milk, chicken and rice, and an apple. I eat slowly, Being the only one left ...
"You're gonna have to leave soon Demetria. You've been here for half an hour." My nurse says faintly, I nod and get up to go to my room, where my roommate Violet is journaling quietly in bed. I take out my pictures under my pillow and first is a picture of me and my boyfriend, and the next is a picture of me, Athena, and other friends at Jessie Johanson's sixteenth birthday party.

"Truth or dare, c'mon Demz!" Athena slurs. We were playing truth or dare in our other friends, Jessie's basement. How middle school.
"Okay, Fine. Dare." I say with a smirk. "Hit me with your best shot, Gonalez." I say.
She looks at me for a minute. "I dare, Mrs. Demi Lovato to kiss me, on the lips." She says. I look at her. We've kissed before but that was before I realized I had feelings for her. I lean over and kiss her, full on the lips. My stomach fills with butterflies and I look at her after.

No one knew I was Lesbian.

No one knows, still. I'm your typical closeted lesbian. Athena is out and proud, but I have yet to come out due to my strict family.

I shut up my thoughts and do my walk of shame to therapy.

My name is Demetria Devonne Lovato, and I'm in love with a girl.

~

Athena's Point of View:

There is always that one person in your life you truly love and adore, who you can always go to and they can always come to you. You're soul mates, you've always had some type of thing. It's like you both are lovers, but you're not. I thought I knew everything about me until her parents sent her to Timberline Knolls.

Demi hid secrets, horrible secrets. Drugs, alcohol, pain, an eating disorder and cutting. The sad part is, I knew of most of these secrets. Not as horrible as they actually were. But I was told they were "not serious" or "not that bad." I knew Demi had a taunting childhood. And it haunted her every day. Every second. She let her demons get the best of her and used drugs and these outlets to forget the pain. To feel something or nothing, Demi binged, purged, cut and smoked until it seemed like her problems were just a fading mystery. I tried to help Demi but she needed more help, it was a secret to her family until her parents figured out of her attempted suicide. She was sent to Timberline Knolls, which was supposed to be a one month stay, but it's recently been more. I tried to beat myself up but I realized the only person who can save her is herself, it hurt to know the girl I was in love with had so many secrets, secrets that eventually led her to try to take her own life, it broke my heart but I'm hoping when she's back she'll be better, and now that she has somewhat of a support system we can all be there for her.

The only secret I have kept from Demi was that I've been in love with her since we first became friends.

I was sitting at the lunch table and all of the sudden a dark brunette shows up at my table.

"Hi!" she says energetically. I knew somewhat who she was, Demetria. A lot of kids bullied her and I didn't know why.

"Hello!" I say, she sits down and smiles.

"Where are you from? You kinda sound weird."

"Australia! Where are YOU from Mrs. Demetria?" I ask her and lean in a bit.

"I'm from Albuquerque." she smiles and leans in and were touching foreheads. "And also, call me Demi."