Alice Foster's Murder ~ Harmless Dreams

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to SunshineOnSunday! She has a story called '45 Days To Save A Life' and another one called 'Confidence Killer' that are both EXTREMELY well-written! :D SOOOO I think you guys should check them both out by clicking on the links in the tags and maybe vote and comment just to help her out!

Now (drumroll please!) may I present the next chapter of Alice Foster's Murder!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice Foster’s Murder ~ Harmless Dreams

    Falling. That’s what was happening when I had opened my eyes. I was falling, yet never landing. Never reaching a surface to break through, gasping for breath or losing it altogether. I looked below and found nothing but the same lurid surroundings.

    I tried to scream but was silenced to a mute state, realizing that nobody would hear me. My eyes started to sting from the wind as my blond hair whipped at my face. I nearly began to shed my unspoken tears, asking myself why I was there, when I saw a dark figure fly towards me. I struggled out of it’s hold, hearing a dark chuckle.

    My stomach twisted into a knot; I feared this creature. I wanted it to go away, to leave me alone. I tried to speak, to scream as loud as I could.

    Long talons sunk into my bare arms, leaving me biting my lips in a state of anguish. My eyes closed as tears threatened to spill out but tears wouldn’t help me now, would they?

    Just as I opened my eyes, I found myself in my mother’s car. My eyes wandered over to my arms, looking for some kind of evidence that what I saw had actually happened but as I scrutinized them both I realized that no marks whatsoever were left in sight.  When I tried to comprehend what I had just witnessed, my mind went blank.

    What could that have meant?, I thought.

    My thoughts were interrupted by my mom’s urgent screaming as she gripped the steering wheel tightly, her knuckles turning a pale white. I blinked a few times before noticing that her shouts were directed at me. I heard a few words, faintly, but I could still hear them, some of them being ‘okay’, ‘alive’, and ‘hospital’. Just as I was opening my mouth to utter a weak ‘What?’ I looked through the windshield and my eyes immediately found a car laying only a mere 30 feet away.

    In a few seconds, I was pouncing out of the passenger seat and turning the wheel with such speed that I thought I had suddenly gained a super ability. I watched with open fear as our car continued to speed over to the other.

    I thought of my father, my best friend, and my old life as I was in my last seconds of life. Praying that they were in a better situation than I was.

    And just as the moment came, I heard a loud creak as we crashed but when I opened my eyes I saw that we were still alive, our car frozen after only scratching the nearby car. My mother quickly reached over to my side and hugged me tightly. She then unfastened her seat belt and rushed over to the car we had just hit.

    I exhaled deeply, not noticing that I had been holding my breath for so long. I took a deep breath. And another. And another. I closed my eyes, savoring the feeling of the air seeping into my mouth.

    “Hey, you okay?”, I jumped out of the passenger seat, banging my head into the ceiling of the car. Ow, I thought, rubbing my head.

    I heard a low chuckle and was reminded that someone was standing outside the car window.

    “I-I’m okay,” I stuttered, clearing my throat, “A little shaken up but that’s to be expected, I guess”.

    “Yeah, me too,” he replied, “But are you sure, you’re okay ‘cause you’re looking a little green”. I looked at him and my breath hitched. I found beautiful, grey eyes hidden behind a pair of square glasses. Blinking a few times, I remembered that he had asked me a question.

    “No, really,” I said, my lips forming a pathetic smile, “I’m fine”. Just to prove it, I opened the door and stepped out of my mom’s old Lincoln. I watched as his hand brushed through his light brown hair. He made a ‘clucking’ sound with his tongue and looked back at our mothers. I took a glance too and saw that they weren't arguing anymore but were actually having a normal conversation. A pregnant silence swept before us; I nervously twirled a piece of my hair, not knowing what to say.

    “What’s your name?” I blurted out.

    “Jack Noland”

    “Maybella Parkerson”, I jut out my hand and offered him a small grin. His warm hand clasped onto mine and he gently shook mine, grinning in return.

    “Jack!” Our heads turned towards our mothers in a few yards away, “Let’s get home before your grandparents get there!”

    “Coming, Ma!” He replied. I realized that he still held my hand firmly in his and felt my face heat up, noticeably turning a light shade of red. I turned my head away and bit my bottom lip, replacing my hand's position into my skinny jeans back pocket.

    “Did you just move here?” he surveyed the roof of my mom’s car, which held several suitcases, all of them held fast by a thick cable. He didn't seem to notice that I had removed my hand from his.

    “Yep

    “Well then,” he paused, smiling as he looked me straight in the eyes, “I hope to see you again sometime, Ms. Parkerson!” My eyes widened as he leaned down to give me a hug, surprising me by actually giving me a peck on the cheek.

    I stood there, dazed, my mouth slightly ajar, as I followed his retreating figure jog towards the other car.

    I hope to see you too, Mr. Noland, I thought, brushing my long fingers across my cheek.

A/N: Hey yalls! LOL that's wierd since I live in florida xD well anyways, did you like it?

Please comment and vote so that I know exactly what you guys thought about it and btw I think since I have Christmas Break coming up I'll be able to upload more often so be expecting a new chappie in maybe a week or a week in a half ;D