Alice Foster's Murder ~ Saying Goodbye

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to a unknown author named BelieveInTacos! She has a story called ‘Buddy Holly Keeps Me Sane’ and it has an amazing plot and is very original from what i have read so far

the link is in the tags so plz go ahead and click it! ^_^

okay enough of me talking, start reading! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice Foster’s Murder ~ Saying Goodbye

- - -One Month Earlier- - -

    “Mom, I. Don’t. Want. To. Go!” I hollered, firmly planting my converse into the burgundy carpet I would miss once we left the state of Maine.

    “Maybella Anne Parkerson,” my mother replied in a hushed tone, grabbing me by the arm and looked me straight in the eyes, “The job offer in Illinois is too good for me to just let it pass, I mean I get to be the manager of successful graphic design company!”

    I looked away from my mother, feeling the tension in the room rising each second. I pulled my arm out of her grip and climbed up the stairs, two at a time. I opened my bedroom door and slammed it quickly, hurtling myself onto the bed, the tears finally escaping.

    You see, we’ve lived here in Maine our whole lives. I couldn’t leave this place especially if it meant leaving the only place that I felt connected to my deceased father who passed away 5 years ago, when I was 8 years old.

    My body started to shake as I began to sob again, remembering how he used to hold my hand everywhere we went and how he always had a smile on his face no matter what happened.

As my tears dried, I stood up and took out a large suitcase.

Might as well since my mom won’t change her mind now, I thought dismally.

    I looked up, startled when I heard a ‘ding!’ from somewhere. I relaxed once I noticed that it was just my phone getting a text message. I reached over the luggage and picked up my phone, sliding the front piece up so that I could read the message.

    Call me im bored! :P from Alyssa, it said. Alyssa and I have been best friends since we were born, our mothers meeting when they were coincidentally rushed to the hospital at the same time. She’s another thing that makes me believe that Maine is where we should stay.

    I clicked the green call button and only heard one ring when she picked up.

    “Hey whatcha doing?” she said cheerfully, not a clue as to what I was about to tell her.

    “I’m just...in my room” I replied, trying to sound OK although I wasn’t.

    “What’s wrong?” I should have known she would notice something different.

    “Alyssa,” I hesitated, “I-I’m moving” I heard her gasp and I squeezed my eyes shut feeling a tear run down my cheek.

    “H-how can you be moving?” she stuttered. I sighed trying to think of a quick way to say it.

    “My mom got a job offer in Illinois so we have to leave by tomorrow afternoon,” I quickly said, “Plus, the moving van is coming in the morning, around 8:00”.

    “I can’t believe this,” she whispered, “I’ll come in the morning, I swear”.

    “Okay,” I said, “I have to go finish packing, see you tomorrow”.

    “You too,” The phone call ended and I placed my phone onto the desk.

    After I finished packing everything into different bags, I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. Closing my eyes, I hoped for a dreamless sleep.

                                                                        * * *                                                                         

    Bbbbrrrrrrr....Bbbbrrrrrrr....Bbbbrrrrrrr....

    I reached my hand over to my vibrating phone and turn off the alarm for school; No need for that since I’m not gonna be going to school today, only passing by to retrieve my records.

    I pushed the covers off and walked to the bathroom. Inspecting myself in the mirror, I took a minute to praise my good looks of which I had inherited from my mother. I had long, dirty blonde hair that gently brushed past my chest. My dark, mossy green eyes accompanied by my contrasting, pale skin give me a fair complexion. I looked away to start brushing my teeth and then combed my hair into a firm bun. I dabbed my eyes with some concealer, trying to hide the 'puff' caused by an evident night of weeping. After adding some eyeliner, mascara, and a speck of lip gloss, I turned my back on my reflection and continued into my bedroom.

    I took all of my belongings down the stairs and when I finally finished, I walked to the kitchen. While I ate an apple, my mom came in. I gave her a glance but nothing else, showing that I was still angry at her for making us move.

    When I finished, we took our suitcases outside to find Alyssa and her mom waiting for us outside. I dropped my stuff and ran to Alyssa. We hugged each other, both of us choking on our sobs.

    “I’m going to miss you!” I murmured into her hair.

    “Me too!” she squealed as we let go of each other.

    We both laughed at how our eyes were both red and puffy from crying. So much for wearing concealer, I thought. From the corner, of my eye I saw the moving van people putting our furniture into the truck. My mom called me over and gave another quick hug to Alyssa, saying goodbye to her and her mom.

    I walked up to my mom’s car and stepped in closing the door behind me as I clicked the seat belt in.

    I looked back at my house and my second family one last time. I kissed my fingers and waved goodbye.

A/N: Okay so sry if this is later then expected but still I uploaded so ya :)

Remember voting+commenting=more uploads ^_^