It's You

"Zayn."

Adam called out. For the past few months Zayn has been nothing but zoned out. He has forgave Adam and the things he did to him. They were okay now. But Zayn rarely gave him a single respon everytime he was talking there and then. It seemed like he doesn't care about Adam's presence anymore.

This time Adam waved his hand in front of the younger lad, making him blinked his eyes three times. "Uh?" He lifted his face up.

"Are you paying attention to me?" Adam pulled an old oak chair to sat in front of him. Zayn chewed his bottom lip, the exact thing he would do. "I guess?" He answered quietly.

"Do you even remember about our plan?"

Zayn was thinking, but when Adam interrupted, his eyes widen. "I want you to keep stealing the s hit out of Payne Company. I want you to take it over. I want you to tear it down. And what are you doing all this time?"

"Adam, I-"

"I know the money you giving to us per day isn't the stolen money I told you to. I know that is your salary that costs a lot. What did you tell your boss about yourself, Zayn? What makes him so good to you?"

Zayn gulped, "I- I told him I live with my brother.. And my brother is sick he needs to be taken care of and it costs a lot. He just wants to help, Adam. There is nothing special between me and him." He lied.

There was a silence, but then Adam broke it.

"You don't sell your body, don't you?"  He almost whispered. Zayn was blank for seconds, not sure what Adam was talking about. "What- what do you mean?" He whispered back to the older lad.

"Like, you get paid after a sex with your boss."

It was quiet true, that Liam always paid him double after they done something sexual. But Liam said it's only a treat from him for being good in bed. And Zayn didn't know how to answer Adam. He just shook his head, but nothing came from his mouth.

Adam let out a heavy sigh, felt guilty with what he just said to his beloved one. "Zayn, listen, I'm sorry okay? I wasn't thinking straight and you've been so, so distracted lately. Sure your body is here but I don't know where your mind is. I just, I miss you.. I miss us." He trailed off.

"Brothers." Zayn said simply. "We're only brothers."

Adam nodded, he felt defeated but he can't force Zayn to feel the same way. "Right, brothers." Zayn nodded back. He wasn't sure if Adam would be okay after this but he has no strong feelings for him. He was someone else's. Who happened to be the one and only, Liam Payne.

The next day, Zayn seemed all bothered. He kept zoning out and even his moves were slow, not like the usual. He was just like a zombie. It bothered Liam as well, seeing his boyfriend like this. Living a day deadly. He had to tell Zayn to stop whatever he was doing and to just watch Liam typing on his laptop.

Liam knew he has to be professional because just like his father's rule, work is work. But he loves the man in front of him and he can't force him to do a thing–even the simplest one like massaging his shoulders and stuffs like that–not when he's feeling down and seemed off like that.

When the clock striked lunch time, Zayn didn't even move an inch from where he was seating. Liam was about to ask him to going out for lunch but he then stopped himself when he caught Zayn was staring at the wall right behind his head. He waved his hand in front of the younger lad, bringing him back to the reality.