Chapter 1

I gasped, Trinity giggled, The dryer whirred, water splashed against the tile flooring.

"WHAT. THE. HELL?!" I said, venom dripping off every single word, as I shot my best glare at Marcus.

I was in my laundry room with my best friend of all time Trinity and her boyfriend Marcus. Trinity was perched atop the washing machine, Marcus was standing in front of her, leaning against it with a now empty glass in his hand. I was standing in front of the window, gazing out at the road, and now, soaking wet.

"I told you that was coming if you kept worrying about Tucker. He will be here. His mom probably made him take his little sister somewhere on the way here. You know how she is, but more importantly, you know how HE is Rayleigh. You know as well as I do that he would NEVER flake out on you. Especially not on your annaversary, when he planned all of this."

As much as I hated admitting it, Marcus had a point. It was our aniversary, as well as his and Trinities. To the day. One year. We were having a joined dinner at my house, as planned by Tuck. I refused to let Marcus know that he had a point so I just rolled my eyes and stormed out of the room as Trinity slid onto his back and they followed.

"What the... Ray what happened to you?" My mother asked, pausing in her frenzied bee-line around the kitchen as she ran her fingers over my soping red ringlets. I glared and pointed at Marcus as I picked up a towel and dried my face. Marcus tried to hide his amused grin and tried to look remorseful and ashamed, failing epcially.

"Someone, please, tell me why that DOESN'T suprise me AT ALL?" My mom said, chuckling a little. "Now Ray," She started as I returned from cleaning up the mess in the laundry room. "Money is... you know where. Spare key is in the flower pot under the dirt, as always. You know the code to your fathers gun safe, hasn't changed in years. The number you call in case of emergency is still 9-1-1..."

"Mother, please. I'm 16. I know the drill."

"I'll be out really late, maybe even over night, so don't wait up."

"Yeah mom, we've been over that too."

"You know mine and your fathers cell phone numbers..."

"MOM! GO HAVE FUN! I'll be fine. I always am."

"I know you are sweety. This is just the first time you'll be alone over night. I can't help but worry. Cut a mommy some slack." She said, pulling me in for a hug and disreguarding my soaking wetness against her silk evening dress. She kissed my forhead.

"You kids be good now." She said kissing Trinity's forehead as well, and placing a hand on Marcus' shoulder. "Try not to torture my daughter to much, ok?" He laughed and nodded. She walked out with her purse.

"Um, her keys?" Trinity said, pointing.

I nodded. "Give her a sec."

We heard her car door open, shut, and open again. She walked back into the kitchen and walked around, trying not to give away the fact that she was looking for something.

"So, umm.." She started as she casually shuffled a stack of papers.

"Mom." I said and tossed her the keys. She smiled in relief, blew a kiss, and left.

I drummed my fingers on the counter and bit my nails. Marcus went over and filled another glass of water.

"DON'T YOU FREAKING DARE!" I yelled.

"Then chill Ray!"

"Well, it's 7:30! We were going to start at 7!"

"Calm down Ray-bear." Trinity said, hopping on the counter and rubbing my back. "Tucker loves you. It'll all be ok. He wouldn't just stand you up on your year annaversary."