Chapter 2

Mrs. Pevensie gasped, but remained unnoticed since it was drowned out by the Pevensie children's reactions.

"Is this a joke?!" Susan stood outraged.

"Impossible!" Peter exclaimed.

"Maybe..." Edmund mused.

"Children!" Mrs. Pevensie paused to make sure she had their full attention.

"This is no joke, and it isn't impossible...."

---------------------------------------------------

2 days before

---------------------------------------------------

Snape strode into Dumbledore's office. While he set the book he had retrieved for Dumbledore on the desk he noticed the magic quill swiftly writing. The magic quill wrote the names of all the students that would be attending the school in a neat, orderly list.

Suddenly the quill halted movement and gently lowered itself onto the desk. Snape glanced at the list and froze. His eyes flickered of something at the sight of the final name on the list. It was so fast, that there was no way for Dumbledore to be certain, but it seemed like......recognition.

"Lucy Pevensie," Dumbledore read the last name on the list out loud. "A muggle born witch, do you know her?"

"No." Snape quickly replied, with no sign of ever being distracted. "Is there anything else?" Snape asked. "No, not at the moment." Dumbledore responded, still curious.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ollivanders, Lucy read, as she entered the wand shop along with Edmund and Susan. Peter and gone with their mother to buy quills and ink for her. That left the other three members of the family of to purchase a wand for Lucy. Edmund fidgeted. His last experience with a wand hadn't been extremely...pleasant.

"Lu, I don't think anyone's here." Susan spoke. Lucy shrugged. "Excuse me, is anyone here?" her voice was loud in the otherwise silent shop. There was a scuffle of feet and a man appeared from behind one of the many jam-packed shelves of boxes.

"Here for your first wand?" He asked. Lucy responded with a nod.

He studied her for a moment before sliding a box from its place on the shelf. He handed her a wand and Edmund relaxed. The wand looked nothing like the White Witch's wand. "Well, give it a wave" he instructed after a moment. Magic hit a shelf causing the whole shelf to tip over. "Apparently not." This cycle repeated a few more times before Susan leaned over to Edmund and whispered "This doesn't seem to be the best way to find a wand." Edmund just shrugged in response.

"Perhaps this one," Lucy felt wind blow through her hair as if she was in Narnia, wandering through woods and enjoying the warm summer breeze. "11 inches, ash wood, with a unicorn tail hair entwined with a phoenix feather core."

Sorry in advance if anyone acts OOC (out of character) in this fan fiction! :) Also, I sorta made up Lucy's wand. I added the "entwined with a phoenix feather" part.