Chapter 4

Christin's POV

About two months had passed and Leila's small salon was doing really good so far. Money has been in abundance, and there has been no stress ever since; well hopefully.

Leila has even started to cool down her anger and attitude ever since- causing us to keep a few wealthy and friendly customers.

"Yes, please come again and I'm so glad you loved it" Leila told the lady before she left, then closed the door and locked it. She plopped down on one of the chairs like a sack of potatoes and dramatically kicked up her legs, "Whew!" she exclaimed.

I shot her an amused but slightly weirded out face. "What?" I shook my head and looked at my phone, scrolling through my messages. "A girl can't be tired?" she rhetorically asked. "Ok, right!" I replied, which resulted in her sucking her teeth.

"Anyways, it's time to go home, and for me to sleep when I reach there" Leila said struggling to get out of the chair. "Get up, get up. I don't want your booty sweat all over my leather" she pushed me off the chair and wiped all the seats with a damp cloth. "Okay, well, bye!"

"Aye! Aye! Aye! Girl, bring your lil' ass here and help me to effing clean" she quarreled.  I laughed quietly and quickly grabbed the broom to begin sweeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi?" I asked the female who sat at my table. Early Saturday morning and this woman just marched up and plopped down at my table as if we were the best of friends. "You look nice" she so-called complimented. "Thanks" I said while sipping my coffee. 

"Sooo" 

"Soooo" I said back but just longer.

"I see that Leila has a salon" Jenna finally dragged out. "I see too" I replied. "Oh Chrisitin, I've missed that attitude so much" she cooed with an extra fake smile. "I missed giving it to you" I smiled back. She gave a short guffaw, and continued with her irrelevant talk. I barely listened to whatever the hell she was saying- only hearing a few phrases such as "wish Leila could luck cause she'd need it", "they miss you at the salon" and some other shit. 

"Oh look at the time, I have to go. Sorry we couldn't talk longer" she apologized placing that disgusting smirk on her face again. "Oh, it's okay. I didn't want to anyways." She scorned me before replacing it with another smile and then walking off.

And guess who bounced up with her? Yep. Leila. They looked at each other from head to toe before Jenna said something to her, which caused Leila to reply a tad too loud, "Don't be sorry, be careful!" Jenna rolled her eyes and flipped her hair before walking out.

After Leila ordered, she sat down quickly and started to ask me the world of questions. "What'd she say?" She took out her sandwich from the brown bag and began to eat it hurriedly as I explained the whole conversation between me and Jenna.

She rolled her eyes at the end of the explanation, "Why is she like that? Was she always like this before we were friends?" I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. Remember, I kind of met y'all when the whole drama was beginning to start..... just saying" I said wiping up some of the spills on the table, and then looking up at her, "You have a little som-" I started but she cut me off.  "Niggas like that need to learn to get over small shit like that, and let people do what they have to do to get where they want" Leila argued as she stood up from her seat.

"But anyways, guess who I saw today... Elyzabeth" 

"Since when are you two friends?" I asked. She sighed, "It just happened, I guess. She's a cool person" 

"Told you" I said. "Whatever. Anyway, she invited us to dinner tonight with her little boyfriend so you know" she chuckled wriggling her eyebrows.

"I know what?"  she laughed again.