Chapter 18

7 months pregnant.... and growing.

Dean and I had spent the past few weeks living in our own little bubble. We were so in love that we ignored everyone and the only thing that mattered was the two of us... and the baby. A baby who had I hadn't felt move yet. The consultant had signed me out of the clinic after my last scan and we were paying for a 4D scan to see out baby more clearly but if I didn't get movement by the end of the week I was going to be brought in to be monitored. We didn't want that so we were giving the baby everything he wanted including gherkins chopped up in vanilla ice cream. I hate them but the baby loves them and so does daddy... just not in ice cream. Although he never protested at me licking it off his belly.

As for me, I had a lovely baby bump and wore it proudly around the office like I was taking a piece of Dean to work with me. I hated mornings where we left each other and had cried on several occasions to the point where he stayed a bit longer to appease my hormones. On the plus side I loved going home and cooking dinner ready for him to come in from work. Living together was so effortless.

I had gone back with him after we spent a few days annoying my mother. It was the evening of the scan where we were given the all clear, as we wanted to settle down and get to know each other better before the baby comes. Plus keeping the noise down was proving harder as we got to know each other very, very well and experimenting sexually was not something I wanted to be caught doing by nan and her slipper.

We were now well into adding things to the house to make it our home and we were a proper couple... facebook status update and everything.

Today was Friday and that meant shopping at lunch time as we were having a quick dinner tonight before a fund raiser at the country club. I'd never been there before and I was nervous. I had arranged to finish work early so I could grab the shopping, have a nap and then cook dinner ready for Dean coming home. I also wanted to find a dress as the one I was going to wear was too small. I tried it on this morning and couldn't zip it up.

I rushed around town trying on dress after dress until I finally found one that made me feel confident, special and not look fat. I even treated myself to new underwear and shoes. I managed to get a quick trim at the hair dressers and was home with the shopping before three. I sat on the sofa and closed my eyes for a few minutes or so I thought... I was woken by Dean's lips on mine.

"You're back early," I said trying to wake up and immediately worried about dinner.

"No I'm late, and you are exhausted," he said passing me a cup of tea.

"How long have you been in?" I asked as he had made the drink and his tie was off.

"Long enough to put away the shopping that you left on the kitchen floor, start dinner, run you a bubble bath, make a cup of tea and wake you 'Sleeping Beauty' style," he said lowering his head for another yummy kiss.

"You are the best boyfriend ever," I said as we had a quick little 'I missed you' snog. "Come have a bath with me," I said feeling very frisky.

"I'm making dinner," he said against my kiss.

"Ohhh pleeeaaseee," I pouted.

"No because we will never get out of the bath or will end up going to the club like wrinkled prunes."

He was right so I headed off to a lovely bath whilst he made the dinner. He was getting very good at cooking. He really liked it too.

I slunk into the bath and realised my whole body was aching. Especially my back. I sunk under the bubbles to wet my hair.

"Honey how long does this take?" he asked popping his head in the bathroom holding up a bag of spinach leaves.

"You just need to..." I stopped, looked at my tummy. I could feel something.