my first time

why is it hard to see the slap for the kiss it is said to be, cheek turned and all that...

the first time was the only time you (you) could ever ignore it, like you (you) did at the time. i waited for you (you) to say something afterward, but nothing. never could you (you) do that again. because it might have been something else then. (except it never was) the next day i could not stop looking at you (you) but i feared to, too. i wondered did you (you) think i was someone else? did you (you) have total amnesia? what could bring you (you) to do this? i tried to work through the possibilities. i had to find a good reason. there had to be one or i would have to go. i didn't want to go. i look at what i write now with distaste. not me. it was different with me. it had to be. or why? i want to delete this. but i should not. i should leave it and post it. but it's hard. when it was mentioned you (you) got mad. again. because how could i do this to you(you)? how could i place you (you) slap (oh god) bang in the middle of this bitter bile? how could i do it? wasn't it me who made it happen in the first place? so how could i still rub your(your) face in my blood?

seasofme080217