CLIMAX-Chapter 4

I was staring into space for about a minute. I didn't even realize Patrick, Kelly, and Raheem were standing by my desk.

"Yo Dustin you ready", Patrick asked sitting on my desk.

"Ready", I replied out of it.

"Happy hour dude did you forget", Kelly asked.

I looked up at the clock and realized it was 6:30. I must of day dreamed the last half of the day.

"Yeah, yeah I'm ready", I said getting up out my seat.

"You alright dude, you look out of it", Raheem asked placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Nah, Tyeisha told me she's pregnant. Now I'm stuck w/ her trifling ass."

They all bust out laughing. I on the other hand didn't find shit funny. This is a kid we're talking about.

"Wait he's serious", Patrick said after examining my face.

"Are you sure she's not lying", Kelly asked. "I wouldn't put it past her."

"She showed me the damn stick", I replied. "Can we go now? I can really use a drink."

▪️

I got home and it was empty. I guess Ty was out with her friends. Probably discussing how she trapped me. Out of all the girls I fucked, my condom had to break with her. I start to think of Ariel. How can we be together with all this baggage I have? I can't abandon my kid, but yet I want her so bad. It's like I need her. All I do is think about her.

I go into the bedroom and move the bed. I pull up some floor boards and take out a small safe. I open it up and glance at the money inside. Although I had bank accounts and money invested, I still have a stash of emergency cash around. That was one thing my older brother Juelz taught me.

I wanted to give Ariel the money she needed but I also have to think about my kid's future. I thought long and hard. I'm at a pretty good place in my life. I have a stable career and a safety net, so I'm sure my kid will be good.

I take out 10 grand and place it in a Manila envelope. I get into my car and drive off to the hospital.

Knock knock

"Hey man how you're doing?"

I walk into the room.

"Dustin wassap."

Brice struggles to sit up in bed and I help him up.

"You just miss Ariel."

"That's cool", I said. "I was just in the area and wanted to pop in and say hi."

"What's going on", he asked.

"Nothing much."

"You look stressed. Anything that has to do with my sister?"

"It's complicated."

"Look Dustin you're a good dude. I can see that about you. I know my sister likes you too. She doesn't open up to anyone. She trusts you."

"I like her a lot. It just seems like there is a lot keeping us apart."

"I hear you", he started. "But if she is really what you want, what are you willing to do to get her?"

Before I can answer Ariel walks in.

"Brice where did you get the money to pay off your bill?"

She ran right over to him and didn't even see me until she was up on me.

"In the area my ass", Brice said. "You paid that bill, thanks man."

"Oh my gosh Dustin you did that", she asked grabbing my hand.

"Yea."

"Thank you so much."

She hugged me and tried to kiss me on my cheek but I moved to face her and her lips brushed against mine. She moved back, but never let go of my hand.

"I'll pay you back", she said looking down.

"It's ok, I'm good. But, if you really wanna' pay me back, you'll let me take you out."

I lift up her head so she can face me. It was then that I realized she had a bruise on her face. She tried to cover it with makeup but it was still somewhat visible. She pulled her hand out of mine and I grabbed her arm. I saw it was bruised as well. She rolled down her sleeve and a tear rolled down her cheek. I pulled her into me and held her tightly. I began to whisper in her ear.

"You should let me take you away from him. I'm ready and willing."

*PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME FEEDBACK!!!*