CLIMAX-Chapter 3

"Yo why you tripping on dude", Patrick asked. "So what she got a man. You got a girl and it doesn't look like you're leaving her no time soon."

He and Raheem laughed. I just finished my beer. I met them at the bar after they got off of work. I on the other hand was off today.

"Yea whatever", I replied.

"You know you aint going nowhere, Tyeisha got it on lock", Raheem chimed in. "I told you fucking with her wasn't a good look. But you wanted to hit anyway and then your dumb ass fell in love with a hoe."

"That love shit is done", I said. "Now it's just sex with a roommate."

"Roommates pay rent and that bitch don't work", Patrick said laughing. "Until she pulls her own weight she is still your responsibility."

Our boy Kelly came in and sat down, he was followed by the waitress that was serving us.

"What up", Kelly said grabbing a beer off the table.

"Shit", Patrick responded. "Hey can we get another round."

The waitress nodded her head at Patrick and left to go get more beer.

"What up D, haven't seen you in a minute", Kelly said.

"Yea' he's been real busy, you know chasing strippers, saving hoes", Patrick said.

They all laughed. As tight as I was with his comment, I even laughed. I gotta admit that shit was funny.

"What time is it", I asked.

"3:45", Kelly responded.

"I gotta go, I'll catch ya'll later", I said standing up.

"What someone flashed the signal for hoe in distress", Patrick asked.

"I'm gonna kick your ass Patrick, keep talking shit", I said.

I proceed to walk out the door and hear them laugh behind me. I get into my car and pull up to the gym at 4:06. Shit, I hope class didn't start yet. I go inside toward the studio and look through the window.

Ariel was there but she was dancing alone. The way she moved told her whole story. I could feel exactly what she was feeling, the hurt, the sadness, the loneliness. When she was done, I stepped inside and applauded.

"What are you doing here", she asked.

"I was told you're here on Wednesdays, so I came to see you."

"You should leave", she said changing the music. "My class will be starting soon."

"I just want to watch."

Before she can say anything, people started to come in. By the looks I was receiving, I can tell everyone wanted to know who I was. Kiki and Stacy walk in and wave.

"Who that", someone finally asked pointing at me.

Ariel started to speak.

"Um class this is, this is..."

"Dustin", Kiki said. "He's a friend of Ariel and he'll be watching us today."

"Mmm can he be my friend", one girl called out.

Everyone laughed including me.

"Let's focus on the dance routine", Ariel said.

I watch as she took control of the room. You can tell they all loved and respected her. She gave her all in dancing, she was very talented. They reviewed the routine from last week and worked on a new one. An hour and a half later class was over. The only ones left in the room was Ariel, Stacy, Kiki and I.